Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Sports Management CourseInternational Career Institute
Sports Management Distance Learning Course
If you want a flexible route to developing your skills as a sports manager, this Sports Management Distance Learning Course is the one for you.
The distance learning syllabus has been developed in collaboration with several experienced professionals and begins with an introduction to sports management and an overview of the role that sports play in modern society. It then goes on to address a range of more practical areas including organisational management, management challenges, marketing, event management, personal skills and people skills.
Delivered at three different levels - Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma - the programme allows students to study at their own pace with no fixed assignment deadlines, providing a convenient way to fit their studies around their other commitments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Sports Management Course is suitable for people who aim to start a successful career in Sports Management.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a sports manager
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipSptMgT
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
This course covers the following units:
- Sport - What it’s All About
- The Context of Sporting
- The Voluntary Sector
- Sports Development
- Working Together
- Organizational Management
- Management in Practice
- Management Challenges
- Event management
- Personal skills
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. You can study at home, in your own time, at your own pace. Designed...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!