The DPSI is a nationally recognised qualification that is widely regarded as the Gold standard for Interpreters. It is accepted and requested nationwide by Interpreter clients and Language Service providers.
This product includes our FULL online self-study DPSI PREPARATION COURSE together with the DPSI EXAM.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Level 6 Diploma in Public Service Interpreting demonstrates your level of competence of working as an interpreter in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Professional Interpreters requiring an accredited interpreting qualification to
demonstrate their level of expertise
- Interpreters who are required by the Ministry of Justice to have a full DPSI or partial units
Outcome / Qualification etc.
ICQ (I Can Qualify)
Training Course Content
- This DPSI examination process is conducted remotely via Skype
- Exams slots available every month
- Register with NRPSI
- Undertake partial DPSI units
- Recognised and accepted by the Ministry of Justice
- Equivalent to the Level 6 DCI qualification
- Registration fee of £25 and Certification fee of £135 applicable
Course delivery details
The preparation course contains the following study resources:
- DPSI Past Exam Papers x 10
- DPSI Role Plays – consecutive and simultaneous
- Sight Translation, and Written Translation to help you study
- Online study resources to help you understand the legal system in the UK
- Police, Prison and Probation, and Legal procedures resources.
- Police Webinar on ‘Assault and Battery’ containing a glossary, ebook, and 60 mins of video content
- Complete e-learning, webinars, glossaries, courses.
- 3 hour exam process
- You have a maximum of 6 months to complete this Level 6 interpreting qualification
Method of Assessment
The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is exam based. The total exam consists of five units. On the first day the learner will undertake a one hour exam for the oral assessments which will cover simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation to and from English. The following day the you will undertake a two hour written exam which will cover written translation to and from English.
You will be tested on a variety of topics in legal, police and immigration contexts. You will need to have access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Results are usually received within 2 calendar months.
Why choose International School of Linguists Ltd
UK's leading provider of interpreting and translation training, qualifications, and CPD courses
50+ world languages covered
Exams are run monthly for all levels
Average rating 5
‘I enjoyed my learning experience with ISL, both for CPD training courses, but also for DPSI. I managed to systematise knowledge, information and became more confident in the ar...
The ISL was highly professional, supportive and knowledgeable. The online preparation course was really informative within the legal sector. I found the materials very useful, c...
The Level 6 will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in public service settings such as the following:
Upon successfully passing the DPSI exam you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
International School of Linguists Ltd
The International School of Linguists is an accredited Training Centre with over a decade of experience in delivering remote interpreting and translation qualifications to linguists in the UK and abroad. All of our courses are Ofqual registered and accepted by...