Communication Skills Training Course
In this course, you will learn how to sharpen your communication skills and how to use th to positive effect in the workplace. You will learn why communication skills are so important, and the factors that influence how well others will respond to your message. You will consider barriers to communication and how to overcome th when interacting with those from your own culture and those of other backgrounds. You will consider the role of verbal and non-verbal communication throughout the course.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirents to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn:
- The definition and purpose of high impact communication, and why it is a highly valued skill.
- How to undertake a personal audit and understand your own communication style.
- How you can communicate to make a positive impression and get noticed at work.
- How you can make a positive impact at all levels within an organisation.
- How to develop the right kind of environment to facilitate high impact communication.
- How to put people at ease within seconds of meeting th.
- How to quickly establish rapport and build a sense of connection.
- How to use effective opening rarks and œicebreakers helping others feel comfortable.
- How to detect barriers to communication between yourself and other people.
- How to rove communication barriers and deepen the relationship.
- The power of body language in high impact communication.
- How you can make use of multiple sensory channels when communicating with others.
- How you can take practical steps to overcome your personal insecurities and fears.
- How you can use body language to overcome the objections of others and negotiate successfully.
- How to phasise your message using high impact body language.
- How you can invoke the past, present and future to build your message via storytelling and how to structure a message so that others feel inspired by your words.
- How to use metaphor in high impact communication in both written and spoken formats.
- How to ask questions that make people think, reflect, and give you the answers you need.
- How to gain the confidence of others and encourage th to believe in you.
- How to elicit and respond to positive and negative feedback and why negative feedback can be more valuable than praise.
- How to deal with negative or unresponsive individuals in a constructive manner, and to identify workplace bullying.
- How to understand another person's position through active listening techniques.
- How to make a positive impact, elicit action from others, and maintain momentum when encouraging other people to change.
- How to reinforce your message across multiple channels.
- How to undertake further personal development and grow your communication skills, becoming an asset to your organisation in the process.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: What Is High Impact Communication?
- Module 2: Setting The Scene For High Impact Communication
- Module 3: Using Body Language for Impact
- Module 4: The Power of Positive Language
- Module 5: Listening Skills
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...