AAT Foundation (Level 2) - OnDemand
The Foundation Certificate covers the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accounting software. Using our multi-award winning OnDemand study method, you'll get a structured study programme with tutor-led video guides. The course can be started whenever you're ready and you can work through the content at a pace that suits you, with tutor support when you need it.Kaplan offers 12 month interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost of your course. If your employer is paying for the course, be sure to select 'Invoice my employer' at checkout.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
AAT Foundation level consists of four subjects:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN) - You’ll learn how to understand and demonstrate basic financial transactions within a bookkeeping system, across supplier, customer and business accounts.
- Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL) - You’ll identify appropriate payment methods and the effect they have on the bank balance. You’ll learn about control accounts, reconciliation and the purpose of using the journal.
- Elements of Costing (ELCO) - This will teach you to understand the cost recording system within an organisation, use cost recording techniques, and provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income.
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment (FYSA) - You’ll understand and develop the personal skills required to work effectively in a business and understand CSR, ethics, and sustainability in the workplace. The synoptic assessment will also draw on your understanding from BTRN, BKCL and ELCO.
Skills gained include:
- Effective business communication skills including letters, memos and informal reports
- Processing payments and receipts
- Preparing invoices
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Using accounting software
Average rating 4.5
I always had good response with Kaplan.some times there is minor delays on email communication.But their service is commendable.
Provides great support I have been studying at kaplan for 10 months now. So far I have completed my AAT level 2 in 4 months achieving a Distinction. I am now studying level 3 an...