IOSH Managing Safely - 3-Day Accredited Course
The overall aim of this course is for candidates to acquire knowledge and practical skills to manage competently, the health & safety issues at their workplace and to international accredited levels.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health & safety issues as part of a total business strategy
- Set practical health and safety objectives, plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives
- Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace
- Ensure adequate information, training and supervision is provided
- Investigate incidents and take remedial action
- Understand and implement their legal responsibilities
Upcoming start dates
Please enquire on course dates
- Virtual Classroom
Any time e-Learning
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors, team leaders) who has responsibility for "managing" health and safety and needs a OHS qualification; anyone requiring a broad basic based knowledge in health and safety or has a need to develop practical safe systems of work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is assessed by:
- A short written/objective multiple-choice paper.
- A workplace based written assignment in English.
Delegates who attend and successfully complete both the practical and written assessments, will be awarded the Managing Safety certificate issued by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) in the UK.
The practical assessment must be completed in the delegate's workplace and submitted within two weeks of completing the course. A minimum pass grade of 70% is required for certification.
Training Course Content
The course comprises of seven core modules delivered over 3 days.
- Principles of accident prevention
- The costs of accidents
- Common and statute law (UK Based)
- Health and safety management systems
- Safety management models and risk management
- Workplace hazards, such as fire, electricity, COSHH, noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Effective communications
- Audit and review
This assessed course will cover the application of recognised management principles in health and safety and will equip the delegate to tackle the issues in their own work place.
Delegates must allocate sufficient time after the course for completing a workplace based assignment.
Average rating 4.7
The trainer was able to balance a wide range of pre-existing knowledge of experienced managers to site staff that have not previously done formal HSE training.”
The instructor is a very competent trainer who presents the subject clearly and knowledgeably. She made the course interactive through different exercises and involving the trai...
Audiovisual support and trainer explanation in making the content interesting and easy to absorb.
Course currently conducted via Virtual Learning. This course is also offered in-house (currently only Singapore) or online e-Learning (distance) course. Enquire for more details.
KB Associates Pte Ltd (KBA) group of companies are pleased to announce that they have received the 2018 Historical Diving Society Leonard Greenstone Award in London at the Diving Industry Work Group (DIWG)
Is it a skill set the industry will lose?...
KBA takes a look at the current challenges facing the commercial diving industry, as well as the crucial steps it needs to take in order to secure its long term success.
Want to know what it's really like to work in a dangerous, high pressure environment?
In this interview, Darren shares his military experience, what he has done since leaving the forces and how NEBOSH qualifications opened doors for him....
We have all been there. Struggling to fit in work, leisure and studying to improve and upgrade our skills, or having difficulty in learning new skills. If you are finding all these a challenge – there is a solution now!