Introduction to Management - 2 day introductory management skills course
People often forget that management is a profession in its own right, like any other, requires specific skills that go beyond the technical expertise any professional will no doubt have shown to be awarded a managerial role.
This two day Introduction to Management course is designed specifically for new managers and those soon to be promoted. It will give them a comprehensive insight into the human relations components that characterise any management role, regardless of industry or function. The training programme covers all of the fundamental skills necessary to succeed in such positions, including:
- Motivating and leading others
- Training new team members
- Dealing with conflict
- Communicating effectively
- Evaluating performance and giving feedback
- Respecting deadlines
By the end of the course, participants will have the tools and confidence to perform their management duties effectively for maximum results.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Management course is suitable for newly appointed managers or supervisors and those soon to be promoted to a managerial position in any function.
It is also highly beneficial for professionals with some experience but no formal management training.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- How to make the transition to management - what being a manager involves, the challenges and the pitfalls, letting go of the old job
- How to achieve the right balance between managing and doing
- How to get results through others, how to motivate your staff, how to instil enthusiasm
- How your expectations affect results
- How to delegate and supervise, how to set standards and review performance
- How to plan, organise and manage your time - how to set priorities
- How to communicate effectively, how to keep your staff informed, how to improve your questioning and listening
- How to handle difficult people
- How to discipline without destroying, how to handle unsatisfactory performance
- How to coach, praise and give constructive criticism
- How to train, develop and grow your staff, both new and experienced
- How to make decisions, how to get commitment
- How leadership skills and styles affect performance, how to get the team to pull together, the importance of being fair, firm and consistent
- How to instil ‘to be the best’ team spirit
- How to implement constant and never ending improvement
Contact Leadership Development Ltd to discuss pricing for this in-house course.
Leadership Development Ltd (LDL) is a leading international provider of training in leadership, management, sales and negotiation for professionals at all levels across an organisation, from front-line staff to senior managers. With over 30 years of experience in the sector,...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Management - In-house Course course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about how LDL brought the Carphone Warehouse together to retain managers and help employees live its new values.