Introduction to Educational Psychology Certificate Training Course
Educational psychology is essentially the study of how individuals learn. Once primarily focussed on the development of children from infancy through to adolescence, the discipline has expanded over time to also include the adult learning process and this course will take you by the hand and guide you through all of the relevant concepts.
The field of educational psychology looks at the process by which humans learn and store knowledge, especially in educational settings and takes into account the otional, social and cognitive factors involved. Although educational psychologists can use a wide variety of theoretical perspectives to evaluate probls within educational settings, there are 5 perspectives that are commonly relied upon. These are the behavioural, developmental, cognitive, social cognitive and constructivist perspectives.
This course will introduce you to all the relevant facts and details connected with the field of educational psychology. It will also help you to apply this discipline in typical scenarios in our modern world and help you to better understand why there are calls for such professionals within the workplace and educational settings.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you will learn in this introduction to course
- An overview of educational psychology
- The history of educational psychology and the key figures that have contributed to this branch
- A detailed look at the field of behavioural psychology
- Investigating the 5 perspectives that are most associated with the field of educational psychology
- A look at cognitive psychology
- Gaining an understanding of Scha Theory
- A look at developmental psychology and how it relates to educational psychology
- The theories of Sigmund Freud and Jean Piaget
- A look at the concept of nature versus nurture
- Introduction to the concept of Constructivism
- Introduction to the concept of Motivation
- An explanation of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation
- Gain a good overview of the learning disability of dyslexia ADHD in good detail
- A look at other learning disabilities that an educational psychologist is likely to deal with during their career
- Applying educational psychology to teaching
- How this course work can be applied to a career in psychology
Benefits of the course
- Learn about the dynamic field of educational psychology
- Activities and quizzes throughout each module to check your knowledge
- Easy to follow course material
- Learn about the theories and practices connected with educational psychology and their real-world applications
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course “ no deadlines.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Educational Psychology: An Overview
- Module 2: How Educational Psychology has Evolved in History
- Module 3: Behavioural Psychology
- Module 4: Cognitive Psychology
- Module 5: Developmental Psychology
- Module 6: Constructivism and Motivation
- Module 7: Dyslexia and Other Learning Difficulties
- Module 8: Applying Educational Psychology to Teaching
- Module 9: Typical Working Scenarios, Technology and Resources used in Educational Psychology
- Module 10: Opportunities and Careers in Educational Psychology
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...