Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst: CAIA Level 2 (In-House)LEORON Professional Development Institute
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst: CAIA Level 2 (In-House)
The CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) designation was originally established in 2002. This designation is the highest standard of achievement in alternative investment education and provides delegates with deep knowledge, demonstrated expertise, and global credibility in alternative investment.
This CAIA Level 2 in-house programme from LEORON Professional Development Institute will provide programme delegates with the understanding, knowledge, and expertise of analyzing and managing alternative investments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house programme is best suited for the following delegates:
- Risk managers
- Portfolio managers
- Business development/ marketing
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this in-house training programme, delegates will have the following outcomes:
- Complement their own study efforts with practical support
- Further develop their learning technique
- Gain a refreshing approach to the CAIA exam content
- Boost motivation from interactive training methods
- Learn different directions of CAIA Body Knowledge
Training Course Content
- How to approach the exam? The key elements
- The 100 Multiple-Choice questions and the 30% weighted Constructed-Responses
- Professional Standards & Ethics
- Ethical behaviour in the financial investment industry based on the standards developed by the CFA Institute
- Private Equity
- Private Equity: different markets
- Private Fund and Fund of Funds vehicles and the roles of the involved partners
- J-curve in details
- IRR determinants
- Private Equity investment process
- Private Equity (cont.)
- Real Assests
- Real Estate: different markets in more details and the classification elements (Core, Value-Added, and Opportunistic)
- Asset Allocation matters, including smoothing issues and their treatment
- Classic valuation using cap rate
- Estimating expected returns
- Performance measurement: typical techniques including the tax-effect and benchmarking
- Listed Real Estate
- Leverage matters
- Farmland and their drivers and timberland
- Intellectual Property, in particular in the context of film production and art, and patents
- Infrastructure: different markets in more details, in particular their performance. Asset Allocation matters (diversification)
- Much more
- Commodities (cont.)
- Hedge Funds and Managed Futures
- Managed Futures: different markets in more details, including the actors
- Margin-to-equity and Maximum Drawdowns as common measures
- Link to the Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Application of Technical Analysis
- Asset Allocation matters
- Benchmarking matters, in particular in separating alpha
- Manager sourcing matters
- Managers combination
- Fund structures & managed accounts
- Due diligence matters
- Typical costs
- Structured Products and Liquid Alternatives (cont.)
- Asset Allocation and Portfolio Management
- Endowments and Foundations: what they are and their objectives
- The endowment model
- Inflation and liquidity matters
- Tail risk consideration
- Pension plans: defined benefits versus defined contributions in details
- In depth Asset Allocation discussion: buy-andhold, constant mix and constant proportion
- More in depth discussion about Expected Returns including the time-varying perspective
- Risk and Risk Management
- In depth discussion about Liquidity Risk: the dynamics
- More in depth discussion about Tail Risk, including alternative solutions
- Manager Selection, Due Diligence, and Regulation
- Risk budgeting for hedge fund allocation: the manager dispersion issue related to different strategies
- Quantitative approach to hedge fund manager selection with in particular the Hurst exponent and D-statistic
- Hedge fund fees versus risk taking
- UCITS hedge funds: a discussion
- Exam focus in interaction
- Exam focus interactive with the participants
LEORON delivers this course on an in-house basis, helping meet your company's specific training needs. Their customised training solutions are available worldwide and can be delivered at your offices or at conveniently located training facilities.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Partners for Quality Award recognizes an Employer providing support to an individual where there was a significant benefit to the Division or Society. LEORON institute was granted the prestigious award for their continued promotion of Organizational Excellence through training courses that are directly related to quality improvement techniques and methodologies they provide while promoting the values and mission of ASQ Quality Management Division.
Provider: LEORON Professional Development Institute
Built upon the strong experience in the manufacturing sector, which its founders developed in Sweden during the 90’s global expansion, LEORON evolved into the dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions. All across the...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst: CAIA Level 2 (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
LEORON Institute is accredited by ANSI as, ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer.
Corporate Training for Teams