Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Financial Crime Risk Management - 1-day Course
In an environment where financial crime is increasingly being punished with huge fines and the attribution of personal responsibility to senior management, the need to understand, prevent and control such crimes has never been greater.
This one-day Financial Crime Risk Management course is designed precisely to give you a sound understanding of the risks associated with financial crime, as well as the controls needed to manage them effectively. Focusing on the modern issues of money laundering, corruption, fraud and cyber-crime, the programme is highly interactive and makes use of recent cases and reports to illustrate the concepts covered in a practical way. Key topics include:
- Financial crime threat analysis and controls framework
- Overview of the new regulatory and crime prevention regime in the UK.
- Current and emerging money laundering risks (e.g. Isil & terrorist financing, information exchange & FACTA and virtual currencies & bitcoin)
- Bribery and corruption – update and review of the ripple effects of the Bribery Act 2010
- Fraud - review of the key risk areas including cyber-crime, insider dealing and management fraud
- The people factor – motives, behaviour and the drive for personal accountability • ensuring that the key controls are effective: training; risk assessment; due diligence; whistleblowing hotlines; and audit
- The governance dimension – responsibilities, reporting lines and business ethics
- Review and analysis of recent cases
The course will enable you to bring your financial crime risk knowledge up to date and ensure your organisation has an effective control framework in place.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for those with an interest and/or responsibility in implementing best practice crime risk management in their organisation. This may include:
- Directors and senior executives
- Heads of internal audit, compliance and risk functions
- Operational risk managers
- Compliance officers
- Audit professionals
- Security and financial crime specialists
- Ethics officers
- HR managers
- All those individuals responsible for implementing best practice crime risk management in their organisation
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is worth 6 CPD points
Training Course Content
Corporate fraud – the rising tide
- Definitions, scope and scale
- The people problem – characteristics, motives and red flags
- The key controls to prevent and detect fraud
- Threats and trends – recent reports and cases analysed
Bribery, corruption and insider dealing – the current focus
- History and international context – Siemens, Galleon and other cases
- The UK position: The Bribery Act 2010 in practice
- Attitude of the authorities – “credible deterrence”
- Risk assessment, due diligence and the key controls
Money laundering – the crucial background
- Money laundering and terrorist financing threat assessment
- New international initiatives:
- FATF standards and recommendations (2012)
- EU developments
- Risk-based approach and key controls
- Analysis of recent cases, regulatory fines and reports
- Controls framework – control environment, prevention and detection
Business ethics – essential context
- Business ethics fundamentals
- The importance of pressure and its effect on behaviours
- Individual and corporate responsibilities – the modern ethical toolbox
- The consequences of failures of business ethics – recent cases reviewed
- Board and committee structures
The cost of this course is £745 + VAT per delegate.
In-House and Bespoke Training
LSEG Academy can work with corporate clients to:
- Tailor an open enrolment course to meet specific needs
- Design courses completely from scratch to cover agreed topics
LSEG Academy - Financial training from the London Stock Exchange Group
As the training arm of the world-renowned London Stock Exchange Group, LSEG Academy works to help professionals develop the practical skills they need to navigate today's rapidly evolving financial markets. Academy designs, develops and delivers courses for clients across the...
Find out more about this Financial Crime Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.