Motivational Management for the Public Sector
An all-encompassing one-day course that gives you all the tools to become a confidant and motivational manager in the Public Sector.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
12 December, 2023
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understand the key elements of open motivational management in a public sector setting.
- Put into practice the importance of setting SMART objectives for teams and individuals.
- Positive delegation. How to ensure you are developing your staff.
- Develop advanced open communication and assertiveness skills to enhance motivation and team co-operation.
- Recognise and explore different management models. Focusing on action-centred leadership.
- Explore how Maslow’s model of motivation applies to the public sector.
- Emotional intelligence and NLP. How the best managers use positive thinking.
- Solutions to on how to deal with conflict in your team.
- Managing change in the public sector
Training Course Content
- 09:30-10:00 Coffee and Intro. What makes a great manager?
- 10:00-10:30 The essentials of motivational management and how to deliver them in the public sector.
- 10:30-11:15 The importance of setting objectives for yourself and your team.
- 11:15-11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30-12:15 Positive delegation. Why it is so important not to do it all yourself.
- 12:15-12:45 Advanced communication skills. Getting the respect and support we need from our team.
- 12:45-13:45 Lunch
- 13:45-14:45 Management models. Maslow’s theory of motivation and how it applies to the public sector.
- 14:45-15:45 Resolving conflict in the team. Accept it and don’t run away from it. Assertiveness techniques to reduce stress.
- 15:45-16:45 Handling change in the public sector workplace. Emotional intelligence and NLP. How does that affect me?
- 16.45-17.00 Finish. Action Plan.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...