Developing Assertiveness Skills in the Public SectorPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Developing Assertiveness Skills in the Public Sector
Working to optimum effectiveness in and around the public sector can benefit by building assertive communication skills and increasing personal confidence. However, we do not always know if our behaviour is assertive. It may be difficult to express our feelings openly and honestly, or to speak up in meetings. Challenging situations might include dealing with conflict and negativity, or saying "yes" when we mean "no". This course deals with the tools required to build awareness and techniques for more positive, constructive communication and relationships.
This course suits anyone working either in or with the public sector who feels they would benefit from communicating more positively and improving their level of self confidence.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Improved interpersonal communication skills
- A more positive attitude towards self and others
- Increased understanding of how to build and sustain levels of confidence
Training Course Content
- 09.30 - 09.45 Coffee and course objectives
- 09.45 - 10.30 Benefits of assertiveness; assertive rights and responsibilities
- 10.30 - 11.15 Your inner dialogue - what messages do you send yourself?; What are your blockages to being assertive and why?
- 11.15 - 11.30 Coffee
- 11.30 - 12.45 The communication mix; Recognizing the three main types of behaviour
- Passive, Aggressive, Assertive
- Getting your point across correctly and appropriately using assertive techniques including
- Basic, Broken Record, Negotiation, Negative feelings
- Handling aggression and passivity in others
- 12.45 - 13.45 Lunch
- 13.45 - 15.15 Confidence building strategies - Confident attitude, language, posture and gestures
- Dealing with negative attitudes and behaviour in other public sector colleagues or associates; receiving criticism; giving constructive criticism.
- 15.15 - 15.30 Break
- 15.30 - 16.30 How to say "no"; practising new ways of handling situations for a more positive outcome
- 16.30 Summary and Action Plan
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Find out more about this Developing Assertiveness Skills in the Public Sector course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
280 GBP-480 GBP
127 GBP-247 GBP