This e-learning course is intended for technical staff involved in the planning, provisioning, and maintenance of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) broadband connections. This online course describes the structure, functional components, operation and testing of systems that provide Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) broadband services to customers.
The course includes descriptions of the latest techniques employed in DSL systems including dynamic spectrum management and Ethernet-based systems providing triple play services over VDSL connections.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe the role of the various types of equipment used in the networks that provide DSL-based broadband Internet access.
- describe the roles of, and relationship between, the protocols used on an ADSL connection including Ethernet, IP, ATM and PPP.
- describe the architectures and techniques used to provide DSL services over IP-based next generation networks.
- describe the role and facilities of DHCP option 82 with reference to authentication of users and allocation of IP addresses.
- describe the role of the various components of an Ethernet-based system providing triple play services over VDSL connections.
- describe the role of the equipment at a broadband customer's premises.
- describe the principles, operation, and facilities of SHDSL service provision.
- describe the principles and benefits of dynamic spectrum management in optimising the performance of DSL broadband connections.
- describe the tests that can be carried out on a DSL connection and explain their purpose.
This e-learning course is intended for technical staff involved in the planning, provisioning, and maintenance of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) broadband connections.
This online course includes assessments, the results of which are summarised in a certificate self-published at course completion.
Suitability - Who should attend?
An understanding of the principles of ADSL. We suggest that the PTT e-learning course "ADSL principles" is completed before attempting this course. An understanding of the use and operation of Internet protocols would also be an advantage. We suggest that the PTT course "IP networks and the Internet" is completed before attempting this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
PTT - Providers Of Telecoms Training
PTT helps telecommunications and ICT companies get the best from their technical staff through online training solutions. PTT's online telecommunications courses allow telecoms professionals to keep pace with advances in communications technology with minimum disruption to their key roles. PTT's extensive catalogue...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!