Hotel Reservations Agent & Opera PMS Hotel SoftwareReception Academy
This specific classroom course, unlike other online courses offered, has been designed for individuals looking to begin a career in the Hospitality industry. Our training ensures you have all the essential skills needed to be an exceptional Hotel Reservations Agent, ultimately leading to employment in one of our many partner hotels.
This Hotel Reservations Agent & Opera PMS Hotel Software course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality (IOH) for its quality, innovation and industry specific modules tailored to the needs of leading hotels around the world.
Our four week course covers standard Hotel procedures, extensive use of Opera PMS Hotel Software, Brand-standards of 5* Hotels and is followed by hands-on practical sessions in a state of the art training room, where newly learnt skills are put into practice. All classroom sessions are taught and observed by experienced and caring hospitality trainers.
At the Academy it is our goal to ensure you acquire the essential skills under our guidance and set you on the right path for your future career. This Opera PMS Hotel Software classroom course is tailored to meet the requirements of individuals with no previous Hotel Reservations Agent experience. Consequently, anyone from any background, nationality or age is welcome to join the course and start a new career in this wonderful and rewarding industry.
Upon completion of the course a profile is created on our website for each graduate consisting of their CV, a professional photograph, contact details and their preferences for employment. Our partnered hotels are granted exclusive access to these profiles in order to find suitable applicants for their vacancies.
As a result of our extensive hotel connections, hospitality network and close collaboration with our partnered hotels over 95% of all our students are able to secure employment within a very short period of time upon course completion.
This unique and interactive Hotel Reservations Agent & Opera PMS Hotel Software classroom course comprises of 80 hours of training and gives you an insight into the real working environment of hotels.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is right for you if:
- You are looking to begin a career in the hospitality industry with no previous UK Hotel experience.
- You want to get training on using Opera PMS V5, the hospitality industry’s foremost property management software
- You want to expand your current skill set
- You wish to progress your career by receiving a recognised qualification
- You are a hospitality graduate looking to gain a qualification to complement their degree.
- You have worked for a hotel in a foreign country and are looking to continue your hospitality career in the UK, this course will provide you with a recognised qualification to help make your dream a reality.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will receive an IOH (Institute of Hospitality) accredited certificate on course completion. The certificate is recognised worldwide.
Training Course Content
- Processing bookings via phone
- Group/multiple bookings
- Booking from allocation
- 3rd party payment requirements
- Processing of pre-paid and deposit rates
- Arrival checks, follow up and chasing payment guarantee
- Rate structure and cancellation policies
- Up-selling services
- Understanding of market codes, source and channels
- Basic understanding of global distribution systems and Opera PMS options
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR), average daily rate (ADR) and commission calculations
- Setting up of routing and sharer
- Room type balancing
- Processing day use bookings
- Pay master accounts
- Essential billing instructions
Reception Academy offers a 10% discount if this course is booked at least four weeks before its starting date. Our online portal will apply this discount automatically on check out. Prices displayed on Findcourses are inclusive of that discount.
We also offer easy repayment plan allowing to repay the course from as little as £41.21 monthly. To find out more please get in touch.
Reception Academy: A Five Star Hospitality Training Academy
90 to 95% of our students are successfully employed upon completing this training Since 2008, Reception Academy has been providing hotels with the best trained staff who have exceptional skills. In 2010, the classroom based courses were opened to the public,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!