Diploma in Chlorination - Level 4South London College
Chlorination is the process of adding chlorine or hypochlorite to achieve various objectives. The most widely used chlorination type is water chlorination, where chlorine is added to water in order to kill the bacteria and microbes present. Although the process of chlorination might sound simple, it requires extensive knowledge and skills to handle the chemicals and to administer the process effectively. Therefore, this Diploma in Chlorination – Level 4 has been developed to help you improve these skills and knowledge to get into or progress within the water treatment, environmental science, water resources operator or any other related industry.
This Ofqual regulated course will take you through the whole history of chlorination. You will get to learn about chlorination, along with the basics of chlorine, chemistry of chlorination and the byproducts of chlorination. This course will also enlighten you about the importance of disinfection in water, the essentials of disinfection and disinfection byproducts.
This course will not only teach you about the chlorination process. It is also designed to educate you about the chlorine expose limit, chlorination equipment requirement and chlorine health hazards to help you administer the process safely. The other modules will go onto tutor you on the disinfection methods, waterborne pathogens, safe drinking act and the disinfection byproduct regulations to further improve your knowledge on the subject.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Is This Course Aimed at?
- Job seekers
- Professionals employed in jobs related to chlorination
- Water Treatment Operators
- Environmental Scientists
- Anyone wanting to learn about chlorination
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04873
Training Course Content
- Chlorine Glossary
- Halogen Section
- The History Of Chlorination
- Chlorination Introduction
- Chlorination Principles
- Oxidation Chemistry
- Understanding Waterborne Viruses
- Sampling Procedures
- Cryptosporidium And Giardia Analysis
- Disinfection Of Water And Wastewater
- Understanding Bacteriophage
- Elemental Chlorine Introduction
- Chlorine Gas
- Disinfection Essentials
- Chlorine Basics
- Understanding Disinfection Byproducts
- Chemistry Of Chlorination
- Chlorine Exposure Limits And Related Information
- Chlorination By-Products
- Understanding Combined Chlorine Residual
- Sodium Hypochlorite Section
- Calcium Hypochlorite Section
- Chloramine Section
- Oxidizing Agents
- Chlorination Equipment Requirement Section
- Chlorine Health Hazard Section
- Emergency Response Contingency Plans
- Ozone Section
- Waterborne Pathogens Section
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Bacteriological Monitoring Section
- Understanding Coliforms
- Disinfection Byproduct Regulations
- Method 1623
- Method 1604
- Method 1605
- Laboratory Analysis
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Chlorination - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Once you successfully completed the Level 4 Diploma in Chlorination, you will gain knowledge and skills that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this completion you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Water Treatment Operator - £23,153 per annum
- Environmental Scientist - £26,743 per annum
- Water Resources Operator
- Certified Water Operator
Other jobs you can get
- Water Operator
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
South London College is a well-established Professional online education provider in the United Kingdom and it aims to meet the employment needs of the youth and people in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. South London College...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,200 GBP-3,790 GBP
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP