Adobe Illustrator - New UserSquareOne Training
Adobe Illustrator - New User
This comprehensive two-day training course will provide delegates with a practical and introductory introduction to Adobe Illustrator. Within the contexts of each organisation, this course will relate the practical functions of Illustrator and its applications in advanced graphics and special effects.
Specifically, delegates will learn the unique features of Illustrator, including how to create logos, professional type effects, complex airbrush effects, professional illustrations and colour control. SquareOne's dedicated scheduled course is designed to bring delegates to the optimal Illustrator proficiency level in the most cost-effective manner.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for delegates wishing to develop their skills in Adobe Illustrator.
No previous knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required for this course, though it is recommended that delegates are proficient in working with computers.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here
Training Course Content
Introduction to Illustrator
- Setting up general preferences
- Document and page set up
- Creating default documents
- Artwork and preview models
- Selection tools
- Magnification and reduction
- Using rulers and guides
- Working with the line tools
- Working with the shape tools
- Cutting and editing paths
- Using the Bezier tool
- The transformation tools
- The measurements tool
- Cutting, copying and pasting elements
Working with Colour
- The paints attributers palette
- Creating custom colours
- Working with swatches
- Creating patterns
- Using the paint/colour tools
Working with Text
- Type area and type path tools
- Typography and formatting
- Tab & paragraph palettes
- Text overflow
- Linking/unlinking text
- Text boxes
- Text on a path
- Wrapping text and graphics
- Outlining type
- Working with the layers palette
- Creating/deleting/hiding layers
- Changing layer order
- Locking layers
- Cutting and pasting between layers
- Layer options
Working with Objects
- Object drag copying
- Multiple selections
- Moving, rotating, scaling elements
- Merging/combining objects
- Using the reshape tool
- Grouping/ungrouping objects
- Working with strokes and fills
- Creating masks
- Creating compound
- Special effects with masks and compounds
Gradients and Blends
- The gradient palette
- Using the gradient vector tool
- Basic gradient mesh
- Creating graduated blends
- Using the blend tool
- Using the blend command
Considerations for Print and Web
- Editable Ai files
- File formats
- Compressing web graphics
For information on pricing for this open/scheduled course, please send an enquiry here
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Average rating 4.8Based on 5 reviews
Find out more about this Adobe Illustrator - New User course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.