Java Web ServicesStayAhead Training
The Java Web Services course is designed to provide a good level of understanding of Web Services and their place in the application stack, using modern Java technologies. With close attention to the practical issue of building SOAP and RESTful services into applications, delegates will practice creating, deploying, monitoring and using Java Web Services and gain a broad understanding of the Java Web Services landscape.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Creating, deploying and monitoring SOAP and RESTful web services
- Modifying and deploying a web service's WSDL
- Developing code-first web services Creating contract-first web services from WSDL
- Writing REST web services
- Building secure SOAP and REST clients
- Using modern Java APIs
Anyone who needs to create, manipulate, use and understand Java Web Services within a SOA environment.
To provide the skills needed to create, manipulate, use and understand Java Web Services using SOAP, REST and modern Java APIs.
- Java Programming 2
- Developing Applications with Java EE
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: SOA EXPLAINED
- Designing an SOA Architecture
- Implementing SOAs with Web Services
- Web Services Overview
- Java APIs for Web Services
Session 2: XML SUPPORTING WEB SERVICES
- XML Basics
- XML Schema
- XML Namespaces
- XPath and XSLT
Session 3: JAVA API'S FOR XML PARSING AND TRANSFORMATION
Session 4: SOAP AND WSDL
- Introducing SOAP
- Structure of SOAP messages
- Defining Web Service Interfaces
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: WEB SERVICES WITH JAX-WS
- JAX-WS POJO Annotations
- Configuring and Deploying Web Services
Session 6: IMPLEMENTING JAVA SOAP CLIENTS
- Generating Client Artifacts from WSDL
- Message Monitoring
- Authenticating and Authorising Clients
Session 7: JAVA ARCHITECTURE FOR XML BINDING (JAXB)
- Mapping XML with JAXB
- Converting Java Arguments with JAXB and JAX-RS
Session 8: RESTFUL WEB SERVICES
- The REST Architectural style
- Comparing SOAP and RESTful Web Services
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 9: RESTFUL WEB SERVICES WITH JAX-RS
- Adding JAX-RS Annotations to a POJO
- Using HTTP Request Headers
- Deploying a JAX-WS Service
- Interacting with Request URLs
- Mapping URLs to Java Classes and Methods
- Binding URL Components to Method Arguments
Session 10: WS SPECIFICATIONS
- Web Services Interoperability Technology (WSIT)
- WSIT Overview
- WSIT Binary Attachment Scheme (MTOM/XOP)
- WS-Reliable Messaging
Session 11: SUPPORTING AJAX CLIENTS
- JSON with RESTful Services
- Interpreting a JSON Message
- JSON Generation with JAXB Annotations
- JSON Return Types from Java Methods
Session 12: WEB SERVICES SECURITY
- WSIT Security
- Web Services Security - Jersey
- HTTP Basic Authentication
- Secure Message Transmission with SSL/TLS
- Client Authentication and Authorisation
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Java Web Services course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!