Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Working with primitive and reference variables
- Testing for equality
- Coding in strict mode
- Working with associative arrays
- Determining and affecting the scope of a variable
- Making changes to a constructor function's prototype
- Determining an object's prototype chain
- Exploiting inheritance and polymorphism
- Encapsulating a class using the Revealing Module pattern
- Declaring a static class using the Singleton pattern
- Coding asynchronously
- Unit testing
- Coding in ECMAScript version 6 (ES2015)
- jQuery Web Development
- Angular Development
- Aurelia Framework
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: VALUES & REFS
- Primitive and Reference Types
- Equality Tests
- Deletion and Dereferencing
- Undefined, null, and NaN
Session 2: STRICT MODE
- What is Strict Mode
- Mistakes to Errors
- Variable Simplification
Session 3: ARRAYS
- Associative Arrays
- for vs. for in
- delete and length
Session 4: SCOPE
- Hoisting (Review)
- Lexical Scope
- The Scope Chain
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: OBJECTS
- Property Deletion
- The this Keyword
- The call, apply, and bind Functions
- The Prototype Chain
- Public, Private, and Privileged Properties
- The Revealing Module Pattern
- Static Properties and Classes
- The Singleton Pattern
- Synchronous vs. Asynchronous
- Common Problems
- Promises (ES6)
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 7: UNIT TESTING
- What is Unit Testing
- Test Driven Development
- Unit Testing with Jasmine
Session 8: ES6 (ES2015)
- Multi-line Strings
- Template Literals
- Default Parameters
- Block-level Scope
- Maps and Sets
- Classes and Modules
- Arrow Functions
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!