Oracle WebLogic AdministrationStayAhead Training
This Oracle WebLogic Administration course teaches the core skills needed to install and configure the Oracle WebLogic Application Server.
Using a mixture of discussions and a hands-on workshop approach, delegates learn to; deploy Java EE applications using the Administration Console, use the command-line and WLST scripting tool, configuration of Oracle HTTP Server and an Oracle WebLogic Server cluster to support failover and load balancing for applications.
Delegates can use Oracle WebLogic versions 11g or 12c when attending their training. The course covers essential features of both versions and outlines the important differences between both versions.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Understand the Oracle Fusion landscape
- Recognise WebLogic server components
- Install Oracle WebLogic
- Use the WebLogic console and tools
- Configure the WebLogic server
- Administer WebLogic server
- Deploy JEE applications
- Configure WebLogic JDBC options
- Understand JNDI
- Understand JMS
- Configure Apache HTPP Server for WebLogic
- Configure WebLogic clusters
- Manage and Monitor WebLogic server
- Configure basic WebLogic security
- Understand basic WebLogic performance tuning
This Oracle WebLogic Administration course is suitable for application server administrators, Java EE developers and systems administrators using Oracle WebLogic 11g or 12c, who need to gain the skills necessary to install, configure and manage an Oracle WebLogic Application Server.
To provide the skills necessary to install, configure, and manage an Oracle WebLogic server. This includes deploying applications and understanding the core aspects of Oracle WebLogic server.
This course helps to prepare for the following exam:
1Z0-133 Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration I.
1Z0-102 Oracle WebLogic Server 11g: System Administration I.
Attending this course will help delegates gain many of the skills and product knowledge requirements as outlined in the exam objectives. Studying this course and its associated reference materials can form part of the preparation to achieve certification. Experience, practice, self-study and aptitude are also key requirements for exam success.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The Oracle website lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
This Oracle WebLogic Administration course is aimed at anyone who needs to understand or administer an Oracle WebLogic server, especially application server administrators, Java EE developers and systems administrators.
Whilst no prior knowledge of WebLogic is required, delegates should be from a relevant technical background. Some awareness of internet architectures and protocols is assumed.
- Apache Web Server
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: WELCOME TO ORACLE FUSION MIDDLEWARE
- The Oracle Fusion Middleware Environment
- Oracle WebLogic Server Component Tour
- Online and Offline Documentation Sources
Session 2: JAVA ENTERPRISE EDITION (JEE) ARCHITECTURE
- Understanding the Java EE 6.0 Environment
- Java Middle Tier Architecture
Session 3: INSTALLING ORACLE WEBLOGIC SERVER
- Installation Options
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) Installation
- Command Line Installation
- WebLogic Server Directory Structure
- Patching WebLogic Server
Session 4: DOMAIN CONFIGURATION
- Understanding WebLogic Domains
- Administration Servers and Managed Servers
- Creating and Configuring Domains
- The Domain Directory Structure
- Offline WLST Domain Management
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: DOMAIN TEMPLATES
- Understanding and Creating a Domain Template
- Extending a Domain Template
- Domain Templates for Fusion Middleware Suites
Session 6: ADMINISTRATION TOOLS
- Utilising the Administration Console
- Using WLST to Navigate the Domain Structure
- Understanding Internal Change Management Using JMX and MBeans
Session 7: MANAGED SERVERS
- Configuring Managed Servers
- Starting and Stopping Managed Servers or Domains
- Startup Scripting
- Configuring Managed Servers Remotely
- Explaining Administration and Managed Server Independence (MSI)
Session 8: BACKUP AND RECOVERY
- Backup and Recovery Strategy
- Full Offline Backup and Recovery
- Online and Offline Domain Backup
- Instance Home Backup and Recovery
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 9: DEPLOYING WEB APPLICTIONS
- Understanding Deployment Strategies
- Deployment Using Administration Console
- Deployment Using Command Line
- WLST Web Application Deployment
- Editing Deployment Descriptors
- Application Monitoring and Stress Testing
- WebLogic and Web Server Interaction
Session 10: DEPLOYING JEE APPLICATIONS
- Describing JEE Web Applications
- Packaging Web Applications
- Web Application Structure and Packaging
- Deploying Shared Libraries
- Understanding Deployment Descriptors
Session 11: DEPLOYMENT IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENTS
- Development, Testing and Staging Deployments
- Deployment Plans
- Redeployment of Versioned Applications
Session 12: JDBC AND DATA SOURCES
- Understanding JDBC and Data Sources
- Configuring JDBC and Data Sources
- Using and Tuning Connection Pools
- Deploying JDBC Resources
- Monitoring and Testing
Course Contents - DAY 4
Session 13: JAVA MESSAGE SERVICE (JMS) SETUP
- Describing and Configuring JMS
- Connection Factories, Queues and Topics
- Using Persistent Messages
- JMS Monitoring
Session 14: DOMAIN MONITORING
- Server Log Monitoring
- Administration Console Log Management
- Integrating Application Logging
- Log Filtering
- Server Health and Performance Monitoring
- JDBC Data Source Monitoring
- Using the Monitoring Dashboard
Session 15: UTILISING NODE MANAGER
- Node Manager Architecture
- Node Manager Directory Structure
- Understanding Machines
- Configuring Node Manager
- Start and Stop Procedures
Session 16: CLUSTERING BASICS
- Clustering Benefits
- Planning a WebLogic Cluster Configuration
- Basic and Multitier Cluster Architecture
- Communication Between Clustered Server Instances
Course Contents - DAY 5
Session 17: CLUSTER CONFIGURATION
- Preparing, Creating and Configuring a Cluster
- Preparing, Creating and Configuring a Dynamic Cluster
- Extending a Cluster
- Controlling Clustered Servers
- Using Oracle HTTP Server as a Cluster Proxy
Session 18: CLUSTERS AND APPLICATIONS
- Deploying Applications to a Cluster
- Clustered Session State Replication
- Replication Groups and In-memory Replication
- Stateful Session Beans in Multitier Clusters
- Configuring JDBC and File Replication
Session 19: SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
- WebLogic Server Security Architecture
- Security Realms
- Users and Groups / Roles and Policies
- Understanding WebLogic Server Authentication Providers
- Web Application Resources and EJB Protection
Session 20: SECURING THE WEB INTERFACE
- Keys and Digital Certificates with the Keytool
- Configuring SSL for WebLogic Server
- Steps to Prevent Web-based Interference
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Oracle WebLogic Administration course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!