Level 2 Telecom Fields OperativeThe Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Level 2 Telecom Fields Operative
All available course dates
Level 2 Telecom Fields Operative
Did you know that in the entire world 4.66 billion people are connected to the internet? This number was only achieved by Telecom Field Operatives, those that come and install or repair the required products, provide knowledge and give a service in which you have been able to read this post.
As a Telecoms Field Operatives, the broad purpose of the role is to build, provide or repair telecom services for commercial or residential customers on the UK's National Telecom Access Network, as well as working on the copper and fibre connections to 4G & 5G services, homes and businesses from the local telephone exchanges; these connections deliver telephone, internet, data and TV services to households and businesses.
Typically, a Telecoms Field Operative will interact with a number of different customers on a daily basis depending on their role. Types of customers an individual might interact with will include communication providers with whom the end customer has a contract for a telecom service e.g. Sky, Talk-Talk, BT, PlusNet, as well as interacting directly with the service providers' customers - these could be residential or office-based.
Depending on the specific role the employee could be working on telecom equipment in a telephone exchange, at height, in underground networks, in residential properties and business properties, at the side of the road and in any other places where a telecom service is required.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for apprentices working in a telecom sector and works to identify and solve telecom problems in the field. Individuals will attend a variety of sites where they work to solve issues in a fast, efficient manner.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Gain skills from an industry-driven approach
- Apprentices will be able to identify and prioritise work priorities and work effectively as an individual and team member
- Applies learnt theories and models to practical situations within the workplace
- Apprentices will be able to share their knowledge and replicate best-practice
- Provides individuals with additional core knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to be more successful in undertaking their role
- Develops apprentice's confidence and communication skills
- Develop and demonstrate a range of transferable skills and professional behaviours and attributes in the work environment
Training Course Content
Telecom Field Operatives will gain a broad range of knowledge and skills about installing and repairing telecom services. Areas of learning may include:
- How to run cables
- Measure and adjust signal levels
- Make and change connections
- Configure state-of-the-art equipment
- Risk assessment and safe working practices
Course delivery details
The course is delivered via a mixture of face-to-face and online workshops, webinars, coaching sessions and workplace learning.
- Full time
- 10 x 7 hour workshops
- 2 x skills development workshops and workplace activities
- 3 x 4-hour EPA preparation workshops
- 6 x 1-hour virtual coaching sessions
- 6 x 1.5-hour Reviews
- Development of portfolio evidence and assessment completion
- Completion of online learning modules as part of off the job activities
- Qualifications and further study
- Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3
- Operational/departmental Manager Level 5
- Increased responsibility or promotion opportunities in work
The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd
Find out a bit about us – At The Education and Skills Partnership Ltd (ESP) we are dedicated to providing a high-quality learning experience for all our learners. Our goal is to equip them all with the necessary skills, tools...
Find out more about this Level 2 Telecom Fields Operative course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
250 GBP-400 GBP