Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is a health and safety qualification that is recognized nationally. This qualification enables individuals to manage health and safety effectively, while also completing the legal duties employers have to seek competent health and safety advice in accordance with Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. With over 175,000 people having gained the the National General Certificate since it was launched in 1989, the award is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK.
Employers who obtain a NEBOSH National General Certificate will benefit in the following ways:
- A safer workplace - They will know how to help their employer avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation, wherever they operate.
- Assurance - They will be committed to health and safety.
- Return on investment - They will have a practical set of skills that bring real value to the modern global workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This certificate is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Certification: Level 3 qualification
The NEBOSH General Certificate is Beneficial for the following reasons:
- Holders of the National General Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- The qualification meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- The NEBOSH National General Certificate has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). It sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level 6 with 15 SCQF credit points. SCQF Level 6 is comparable to NQF/QCF Level 3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling workplace hazards (GC2)
- Health and safety practical application (GC3)
Units NGC1 and GC2 are taught units each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Each written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory.
Unit NGC3 is assessed by one two-hour practical examination carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. The assessment must normally be taken within 10 working days of a written examination. The practical examination is internally assessed by the programme organiser and externally moderated by NEBOSH. Candidates will be awarded a unit certificate for each unit passed.
Once a candidate has successfully completed all three units (NGC1, GC2 and GC3), the overall qualification parchment will be issued.
The price of this course is £960.00 (Ex VAT).
AGC Compliance is a Health, Safety and Environmental consultancy and training organization that is based in the North East but offers services across the UK. Specializing in Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality training and consultancy, ACG provides affordable services to...
Find out more about this NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.