Oil & Gas Valuation Techniques and ModelingAMT Training
Oil & Gas Valuation Techniques and Modeling
This section will allow delegates to learn how to build a three statement model for an E&P company. It will highlight the key value drivers and their inter-relationships. DCF and NAV Valuation - This section will allow delegates to learn how to build a DCF valuation model for an E&P company and cover the five key stages.
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for delegates working as or with:
- investment banking professionals
- relationship managers
- investment management
- wealth and asset management
- private banking
- portfolio managers
- research analyst
- insurance company
Training Course Content
- Oil price benchmark and realised premium/ discount to the benchmark
- Production growth
- Production cost per barrel
- Replacement costs per barrel (finding & development)
- Exploration & development expenditure
- Movement in undeveloped vs. developed reserves
- Movement in abandonment provision
- Effective tax rate
- The model will subsequently be used to perform a DCF and NAV valuation
- Calculating FCF from EBIT
- Estimating WACC
- Estimating Terminal Value (Gordon growth vs. terminal EBITDAX multiple)
- Discounting to derive an enterprise
- Reconciling enterprise value to target share price
- 2P reserves
- Contingent resources
- Best Estimate of Prospective resources (EMV)
- Operating Working capital
- Other balance sheet adjustments
- Base Case vs. Best Case
- Select comparable transactions
- Obtain historic and projected data
- Normalise the results and exclude extraordinary charges
- Calculate premiums
- Compute operations metrics: EV/1P or 2P reserves, EV/MCFE
- Compute operational metrics: EV/DACF, EV/ EBITDA, EV/ EBITDAX, Price/ NAV
- We will examine E&P transactions in the US and Europe
- 52 week high and low
- Equity research
- Trading comparables
- DCF (with and without synergies)
- Transaction comparables
The cost for Oil & Gas Valuation Techniques and Modeling is £650 + VAT per delegate.
It is important that you bring a laptop (preferably Windows based) with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Reader installed.
AMT Training offer this training as an in-house option, or we can create a bespoke course tailored to your company. Please contact AMT to find out more.
AMT Training - Financial Modeling Courses
For over 20 years we have been equipping analysts and associates with core skills for banking and finance. Our clients include the top ten investment banks and some of the biggest private equity firms in the world. Throughout their careers,...
Find out more about this Oil & Gas Valuation Techniques and Modeling course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!