Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Advanced
This course aims to give delegates an understanding of profit, assets and liabilities and cash flow. It is designed to help you read and draw conclusions from a balance sheet and profit and loss account; identify the sources of accounting disclosures and how to use a variety of analytical techniques to assess the accounts of a business in terms of profitability, solvency and risk.
- The basic information to be found on profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and accompanying notes.
- The use of key accounting ratios in analysing the solvency and profitability of a business
- Revenue recognition and profit manipulation
- Recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities
- Asset return ratios
- Interest cover
- Current ratios and working capital management
- ROE and ROCE
- Quality of asset backing
- Intangibles v tangibles, with or excluding market revaluations
- Cash flow analysis and conversion of profit to cash.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to non finance staff, at all levels, who need to extend their understanding of finance. It will develop skills gained through attending either BPP’s Finance for Non-Finance Managers – Essentials course, or other Finance for Non-Finance Manager courses.
Training Course Content
- How to read and draw conclusions from a balance sheet and a profit and loss account
- How to assess the accounts of a business in terms of profitability, solvency and risk
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Advanced course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!