Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Coaching for Executives
Coaching for Executives - 2-day In-house Training by Business Learning Foundation
This programme is aimed at introducing the core concepts and methodology of Business Coaching at Director Level. This programme will take learners through the understanding of what Coaching & Mentoring is, experience being the coach, how a Coaching Culture can be introduced into an organisation or team; plus, the benefits that this will bring to your organisation.
By the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the difference between a Coach and Mentor
- Understand when it is appropriate to coach or mentor an individual or a combination of the two
- Define preferred learning styles and understand how people learn
- Understand how to build real confidence in others
- Use coaching and mentoring models
- Apply practical coaching and mentoring skills in everyday work situations to increase performance and make communication easier
- How to develop the performance of individuals
- Demonstrate their new learning’s by way of a theory test on coaching and mentoring in the workplace
- Complete an Action Step Personal Development Plan of key skills they need to work on as a developing coach/ mentor
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for Senior Managers and Directors who want to develop their expertise and credibility in the fields of coaching and mentoring.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will receive a Business Learning Foundation certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Module One- Introduction to Coaching
- Exploding the myths surrounding coaching
- Coaching vs. Mentoring
- Benefits of coaching
- Psychology behind gaining success
- Why coaching is an action orientated partnership purely focused on measurable results
Module Two- Who needs Coaching?
- Specific, Individual, Ongoing
- Playing the corporate game
- Gaining buy-in
- Example outcomes
Module Three - Return on Investment
- Setting your expectations
- What’s measurable
- PEM (Personal Effectiveness Measurement) Graph
Module Four – Coaching in Action
- Pragmatic approach – video coaching/conferencing/Skype
- Barriers to coaching – including embracing different cultures
- What stops you from coaching?
- Process, options & examples
- Tools of coaching – Psychometrics, coaching models, gaining commitment, high motivation, Emotional Intelligence, effective communication, Backbone with Heart and Executive coaching.
- Coaching clinics
- Coaching models, including the STAR/ GROW model
As with all of BLF's programmes, they include practical elements to relate the learnings back into the working environment and the participant’s roles. This programme includes theory, discussions and exercises.
Enquire for an in-house training quote.
Provider: Business Learning Foundation
The Business Learning Foundation specialises in experiential learning and for 30 years have been providing world class learning and development solutions. They develop their training courses using unique and carefully devised exercises which will ensure the key messages are received....