Financial Modelling for RenewablesF1F9
Financial Modelling for Renewables
All available course dates
Financial Modelling for Renewables
Financial Modelling for Renewables focuses on the challenges that arise in preparing financial models for renewables projects: construction vs operations, seasonality, monthly timelines, P90 / P50 forecasting and financing (including equity bridge loans and cash sweeps). It is a modular course for analysts and financiers in the renewables sector who need to build, modify, or run financial models. It is available as a 2-day intensive and immersive classroom course, or as interactive tutor-led distance learning over approximately 30 hours.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suited to participants who already have some basic Excel skills and aspire to, have recently started or know they are going to start building financial models in the renewable energy sector. We also assume that participants have a basic familiarity with the layout of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow) but not necessarily how they are modelled.
Based on a template financial model with a monthly timeline, participants will cover – step-by-step – the construction phase (costs, income and financing), model optimisation for lenders and sponsors, equity bridge loans, cash sweeps and debt refinancing.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course will teach you:
- The concepts of P90 and P50 and how to apply those within the model’s financial forecasts
- Approaches for taking annual inputs and implementing those into a monthly financial model and how to aggregate monthly models into broader timelines
- Methods for selecting different draw down options and how construction phase revenues can impact funding
- How to optimise financial models under both P50 and P90 cases
- How to model Equity Bridge Loans, Cash Sweeps and Debt Refinancing, all integral parts of typical renewable project financings
- About the challenges of converting a bid model into an operational model
Training Course Content
- tariff and power generation
- timeline / time sheet design and construction
- operating costs
- P50 vs P90 scenario selection
- sources and uses of funds
- construction finance: approaches to debt draw downs
- concept of funding circularity
Fees during construction
- financing fees
- interest during construction
Linking construction and operations
- conversion of the senior debt from construction debt to term loan
- term loan calculations
- accrued interest balances
- principal repayment profiles
- debt service cover ratios
- debt sculpting
- equity rate of return
- model optimisation: concepts and objectives
- optimising the model under P90 and P50
- introduction of Visual Basic / macro coding
- checks / check sheet
Refining the model
- aggregation of monthly data for financial summaries
- track sheet
- pre-completion date revenues
- bid model vs operational model
Adjusting the financing
- equity bridge loan
- term loan cash sweep
Course fee is £1,295
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
F1F9 training courses are designed to transform your financial modelling skills. We are financial modelling experts, and our instructors have taught thousands of people to build best practice financial models that can be easily adapted, shared and understood. Our post-course...
Average rating 4.8Based on 12 reviews.
Find out more about this Financial Modelling for Renewables course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams