UAL Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology (Game Design)HCUC (Harrow College & Uxbridge College)
This is a full-time two year course, although there is an option to study a Diploma for one year.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the structure of the games and animation industries, as well as job roles within these. You will also undertake research and pre-production techniques which will inform the development of character and environment artwork, 2D animation, 3D models and animation, audio, narratives, game design documents and fully-playable game prototypes using industry-standard software tools and practices. First year (Diploma) units include;
- Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Investigating audio production and technology
- Investigating visual production and technology
- Investigating interactive media production and technology
- Developing a creative media production project.
Second year (Extended Diploma) units include;
- Characteristics and contexts in media and communication
- Engaging with an audience in creative media production
- Preparing for progression in creative media production
- Specialist study in creative media production
- Extended project in creative media production (Level 3)
- Extended project in creative media production (Level 4).
Who is this course for
This course is for those who wish to work in the games industry in a creative capacity, developing original game concepts, characters, environments and narratives. The course is designed to introduce pre-production and production processes related to these areas through a variety of coursework projects.
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above. You will attend an interview at the College and if necessary references will be taken up. You will also berequired to provide a piece of written work relating to games or animation plus a sketchbook or other examples of artwork.
Where next - Further Studies
Students completing the first year Diploma may continue onto the second year extended Diploma. After completing the Extended Diploma students will have the equivalent of 3 A Levels. The majority of students completing the course go on to study an animation or game design-related course at university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students will also be able to search and apply for a broad range of roles within the creative media industry; including apprenticeships.
HCUC - Harrow College & Uxbridge College
It’s no surprise that students travel from all over London to study at Harrow College and Uxbridge College. With specialist career advisers on hand to offer advice and guidance, the colleges deliver successful results in further education and career progression....
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!