Google Analytics: EssentialsInstitute of Data & Marketing
Google Analytics: Essentials
All available course dates
Google Analytics: Essentials
A one-day course that gives you best practice guidelines on analysing data trends. Get an overview of the Google Analytics dashboard and learn how to select the right data for your reports. Define your actionable metrics and filter data for deeper insights.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Marketers and analysts who want to gain a better understanding of what Google Analytics has to offer, which reports to use and how to interpret and act on the data in those reports. This course is designed for individuals who have used Google Analytics previously but either have little experience in using the tool or are just looking to refresh and fine tune their knowledge.
Previous participants include:
- Online Communications Officer (Brit Insurance)
- Web Resources Officer (Tenant Services Authority)
- Assistant Marketing Manager (Marie Stopes International)
- Marketing Manager (ADMS Europe)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn to:
- Configure your Google Analytics dashboard and create customer alerts to improve the accuracy of your reports and get the most out of your data
- Compare multiple metrics using advanced segments to set actionable KPIs and develop your reporting
- Understand campaign attribution through the multichannel funnel
- Use goals to configure funnels and interpret the funnel visualisation report to improve conversion and goal completions
- Create and interpret content drilldown reports to build more effective webpages and boost your conversion rates
Training Course Content
- General introduction to Google Analytics
- Importance of configuring and customising Google Analytics properly
- Managing Google Analytics
- Adding annotations to reports
- Universal Analytics - a change to the way data is collected and organised
- Selecting data to include in your Google Analytics reports
- Defining and measuring actionable metrics - Visits, Unique Visitors, Pageview and Time Metrics
- Understand the Analytics Account Structure
- Data Filters for View
- Content Reports
- Traffic Sources
- Organic Search Traffic
- Paid Search Tracking - Google AdWords & Bing Ads
- Social Media Traffic
- Campaign Tracking
- Goals and Funnels
- eCommerce tracking
- Internal site search
- Event tracking and virtual pageviews
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time-friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Members: £400 + VAT
Non-members: £450 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews.
Find out more about this Google Analytics: Essentials course - simply fill out your details: