The Senior Management Programme - 2 day advanced management course - Live virtual training
In an era when business success increasingly relies on people, effective management and leadership skills among the top ranks in an organisation are becoming more and more important.
This three day Senior Management Programme is designed to equip executive managers and directors with the skills to get the most out of their teams and individuals. Through a mix of interactive learning resources including group discussions, delegate presentations, questionnaires, management workshops, tutorial input and case studies, participants will gain advanced skills in three main areas:
- People development
- Strategic planning
- Change management
By the end of the course, participants will have acquired the knowledge and practical tools to get the best performance out of their teams, even in a volatile business environment.
Upcoming start dates
6 February, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
26 June, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Enquire for details
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Senior Management Programme is suitable for directors, senior managers and executives from any function.
It is especially beneficial for managers in their first general management position, or who are about to be promoted to a top management role.
The course is delivered online via Zoom. Each day is split into separate sessions with breaks at scheduled intervals.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- The role of the senior manager - cutting through the fog of new ideas and buzzwords
- The skills of leadership in management - different skills, styles, attitudes and attributes
- How to use strategic thinking and planning techniques, how to gear up for the future
- The importance of vision, values and culture as a powerful integrating mechanism across the organisation
- How to inspire people towards peak performance
- How to set and monitor stretch performance objectives; the importance of keeping everyone goal orientated
- How to build effective teams, how to develop a collaborative spirit
- How to conduct meetings you could sell tickets to
- How to use performance appraisals
- How to formulate personal development plans
- The value of focused feedback - monitoring performance and corrective action
- How to develop a learning organisation
- How to successfully introduce change; people are the real challenge of change, overcoming resistance
- How to stimulate creativity, solve problems and innovate
- How to improve succession planning
- Personal development techniques for personal and professional excellence; self-organisation
- How to build a commitment to action
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2023
We're delighted to announce that Leadership Development Ltd is a winner in our Top 10 Business & Management Courses 2023 category.
Each year, we select the Top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Why choose Leadership Development Ltd
99% of delegates on our programmes rate them as ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent’
Founded in 1974
More than 600,000 people have participated in LDL programmes so far
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.9
It has really been an eye opener for me to see methodical approaches to common management problems and the way to solve them. The course has given me the opportunity to do a rev...
Practical, informative, knowledgeable. All topics were explained in 'real life' scenarios, discussed and debated. Great opportunity for group participation with practical resolu...
The best training I've done to date. The simple things will make the biggest impact when implemented. Good for the business and my personal development. Everything we covered ha...
The cost of this course is £1,595 + VAT.
In-house & bespoke training
LDL can also deliver this course in-house at a location of your choice, or develop a bespoke programme to suit your particular organisational or departmental needs.
Leadership Development Ltd - Leadership, Management & Sales Courses
Leadership Development Ltd (LDL) is a leading international provider of training in leadership, management, sales and negotiation for professionals at all levels across an organisation, from front-line staff to senior managers. With over 30 years of experience in the sector,...