Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Appraising Performance EffectivelyPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Appraising Performance Effectively
Appraising Performance Effectively - PTP Training & Marketing
This course suits anybody that manages other people and needs to understand how to get the most out of them. It will provide a clear process of how to improve performance management, firstly by understanding the real business benefits. The course will then clearly demonstrate how to align individuals objectives to the overall business objectives, how to conduct an effective appraisal meeting, how to use motivation to produce results, how to handle poor performance and finally how to create a proactive personal improvement plan.
An independent survey has proved that, all too frequently, people ignore the value of managing the performance of staff and appear to be unaware or just not interested in the negative impact it can have on a business and its employees. The course offers a one stop day that will enable managers to manage and get the most out of every direct report.
This Appraising Performance Effectively training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- A clear understanding of how to agree objectives that once achieved, make a positve contribution to business results.
- How to avoid setting objectives that are not aligned to the business goals or are difficult/impossible to manage.
- A greater understanding of how to appraise performance effectively and produce better outputs from all direct reports.
- A clear understanding of what is required and how to plan and conduct effective appraisal meetings.
- How to motivate employees and ensure they realise their true potential.
- How to recognise poor performance before it becomes a major issue.
- How to implement corrective measures and achieve a performance level that delivers results.
- A clear guide how to handle difficult conversations and produce a positive outcome for both parties.
- The creation of a personal performance improvement plan that provides the manager and the individual with logical steps to deliver the mutually agreed objectives.
Training Course Content
- Introduction (Course and Personal Objectives, expectations, format, style, timings)
- Appraising Performance - The Real Facts (What does it mean & how do we use it? Time to consider the real facts and understand your role.)
- Making Objectives Even SMARTER (A chance to agree how to make SMART objectives SMARTER. The importance of aligning your objectives to the bigger picture.)
- Getting it Right - The Appraisal Meeting (What preparation is required, how to conduct the appraisal meeting and what to do afterwards. The three key stages for an effective appraisal.)
- Using Motivation to Get Results(Understanding what makes people tick. How and when to press their right buttons.)
- Productive Feedback (When and how to give and receive feedback constructively. Understanding the different forms of feedback, including how to get the most out of 1 to 1s.)
- How to Address Poor Performance (What does it look like, what are the consequences, how to take positive action and how to handle difficult conversations.)
- Personal Performance Improvement Plan (Using self analysis to identify personal development areas and creating a plan to deliver results.)
- Summary, Personal Action Plan and Evaluation
Provider: PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...