Introduction to HR Skills - PTP Training & Marketing - In-house Training
This course suits any manager who needs to understand the key aspects of HR related activities and how to manage them effectively. It will provide a clear process of how to stay within employment law, recruit and select new employees, conduct structured and competent interviews, deal with difficult people, stress, attitudes and styles, and manage performance pro actively. The course will clearly demonstrate the ‘what to’ and ‘what not to do’ in each section and provide a logical process to follow. The course will close with the creation of a personal action plan for participants to take back to their workplace.
All too frequently, managers regard people issues to be the responsibility of the HR department. This course will provide managers with a clear understanding of their responsibilities, plus offer a selection of tips and techniques on how to manage the ‘people’ issues and to do so with confidence.
This HR Skills For Line Managers course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- A clear understanding of some of the basic elements of employment law and how to adhere to them.
- Appreciation of the differences between recruitment and selection and how to apply a logical process for each stage.
- A chance to create a job description and understand the core requirements and alternative uses.
- How to conduct successful interviews and ensure all applicants receive a fair and equal opportunity to present themselves for selection.
- A chance to identify (and provide solutions) how people's attitudes to their role can change when they are under pressure or simply having a bad day.
- How to deal with different types of conflict, difficult people and how to handle each situation/type of person with confidence.
- An understanding of what causes stress, how to recognise it in others and how to provide support to remove the cause and/or eliminate the effects.
- A greater understanding of the key stages and the manager's role in maintaining pro active performance management for everyone's benefit.
- The creation of a personal action plan that provides the manager with relevant actions to take back into the workplace.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to HR Skills - In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!