Introduction to HR SkillsPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Introduction to HR Skills
This course suits any manager who needs to understand the key aspects of HR related activities and how to manage them effectively. It will provide a clear process of how to stay within employment law, recruit and select new employees, conduct structured and competent interviews, deal with difficult people, stress, attitudes and styles, and manage performance pro actively. The course will clearly demonstrate the ‘what to’ and ‘what not to do’ in each section and provide a logical process to follow. The course will close with the creation of a personal action plan for participants to take back to their workplace.
All too frequently, managers regard people issues to be the responsibility of the HR department. This course will provide managers with a clear understanding of their responsibilities, plus offer a selection of tips and techniques on how to manage the ‘people’ issues and to do so with confidence.
This HR Skills For Line Managers course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- A clear understanding of some of the basic elements of employment law and how to adhere to them.
- Appreciation of the differences between recruitment and selection and how to apply a logical process for each stage.
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Introduction
- (Course and Personal Objectives, expectations, format, style, timings)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Employment Law Summary
- (Top line view of equal opportunities, legislation, equality and diversity)
- 10:30 - 11:15 Recruitment & Selection
- (A chance to agree the different functions and identify a separate process for each)
- 11:15 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:00 Creating a Job Description
- (Why do we need them and how they can assist in recruitment and ongoing measurement? Also a chance to consider the introduction of a competency framework)
- 12:00 - 13:00 Interviewing Skills
- (Understanding what to and what not to do. Identifying the key steps for an effective process)
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch Break
- 14:00 - 14:45 Changing attitudes and styles
- (Looking at how people change during difficult times and how to get them back to winning ways)
- 14:45 - 15:15 Dealing with Conflict
- (Identifying what causes conflict and a process to deal with it effectively)
- 15:15 - 15:30 Break
- 15:30 - 16:00 Managing Stress
- (What does it look like, how to recognise it at an early stage and minimise the effect)
- 16:00 - 16:30 Performance Management
- (Recognising the key stages and your role as the manager)
- 16:30 - 17:00 Summary, Personal Action Plan and Evaluation
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to HR Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!