People Management Skills for Secretaries & PAs
This course is intended to complement Personal Organisation skills for Secretaries and PAs, but can be taken alone. The focus here is on improving the skills needed to organise people better. This course recognises that structure and process are not sufficient to ensure success – it also takes strong skills in the way we work with people. The course is a combination of greater self awareness, development of skills and the opportunity to apply content directly to our work.
This People Management Skills for Secretaries & Pas course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- How to develop strong working relationships, including the boss
- How to improve the quality of listening and communication skills
- How to increase delegation when they don't have a team to participant to
- How to improve influencing skills
- The assertive way to being firm and fair
- Opportunity to work on real issues
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee, Course Objectives & Personal Objectives
- 10:00 - 10:30 Syndicate work
(Discussions& on “ managing my boss” and “ dealing with difficult people)
- 10:30 - 10:45 Building relationships
(participants create their own relationship map to determine where actions are necessary)
- 10:45 - 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 - 11:30 "My style" questionnaire
(participants complete a questionnaire to assess their current style of communicating with others)
- 11:30 - 12:00 Improving questioning skills
(A fun activity leads to essential skills in obtaining information from people)
- 12:00 - 12:30 Delegating more and better
(Barriers to delegation are discussed and guidelines for successful delegation developed)
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:00 Team exercise
(A fun activity exploring how we use time)
- 14:00 - 14:30 Influencing & gaining commitment
(How to increase your influence in meeting and gain more commitment from people)
- 14:30 - 15:00 Optimising communications
(A look at how to really make a point!)
- 15:00 - 15:15 Tea!)
- 15:15 – 1600 The assertive way to being firm and fair
(participants explore what assertive behaviour is and then apply ideas to their own real situation)
- 16:00 - 16:30 Dealing with real issue
(Final opportunity to resolve any outstanding participant issues)
- 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.7
A very good and useful course. I would recommend firm to send other secretaries on this course.
Trainer was great, adapted scenarios to suit those attending. Will recommend for more staff members.
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...