Re-Energising a Stalled Change CampaignPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Re-Energising a Stalled Change Campaign
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change
The most human characteristic is resistance to change
Sir John Harvey Jones
This is a specialist training course for the people who are either leading of playing a significant part in or are in the midst of a change programme that has either stalled or is not delivering the anticipated results. If this is you then you are not alone. Research suggests that over 85% of change projects or programmes fail to realise the objectives agreed at the outset. Change projects are rife with problems. These are some of the most common causes:
- Insufficiently compelling reason to change. Those that are impacted by the change whose commitment and action is required for the change to be successful are insufficiently inspired and/or active in making change happen
- Insufficient active commitment from the leader or leaders of the organisation to make the decisions necessary to deliver the change
- Insufficient, inadequate and inappropriate communication to all those involved to ensure those affected by the change are kept up-to-date with progress or lack of
- Those charged with delivering the change agenda have insufficient resources (time, budget, people) and the right skill set to deliver the change
- The obstacles to change that have been highlighted as priority risks are not handled. This includes key stakeholders who actively or passively block progress
- Scepticism breeds when, despite the efforts at the outset, results are not forthcoming
- Despite early success the programme becomes too ambitious and unwieldy
- The changes fail to become embedded as business as usual via procedures, induction/training programmes and communication
Throughout the day the participants are invited to diagnose the root causes of the stalled campaign and consider the actions they will need to take in order to reenergise people and create the momentum necessary for change to happen. This course is focused on the people side of change i.e. deciding what has to happen to engage, enthuse and enrol people into a change campaign and once they are engaged keep them there! Time is set aside towards the conclusion of the day to consolidate their thoughts and plan the next steps.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- A comprehensive diagnosis of the causes behind the faltering change project or campaign
- Detailed analysis resulting in a comprehensive action plan to resurrect the change campaign
- Creation of an argument or series of arguments to persuade key stakeholders back at work to reengage with the change campaign
- Introduction of a suite of persuasion and change tools designed to re-energise the campaign including
- The 10 steps to delivering a successful change project
- A 4-step model to persuade stakeholders
- Mapping stakeholder
Training Course Content
- 9:30 - 10:00& Introduction and objectives. Participants reveal& the change campaign they are involved in and the challenges they face.
- 10:00 - 10:30 Introduction to the 10-step change campaign diagnostic - this is used by the participants to identify and clarify the primary reasons why the campaign has stalled
- The 10 steps are as follows:
- The organisation has significant pain and a compelling reason to& change
- Bring a powerful coalition together who will drive the change agenda
- Create a compelling vision that inspires people
- Develop a comprehensive, practical, understandable and flexible plan and route map with key milestones
- Communicate, communicate, communicate!
- Equip the leaders with the change agent's toolkit
- Generate and celebrate a series of small wins
- Confront resistance and ‘change the people or change the people'
- Sustain momentum by taking on bigger challenges
- Embed the changes until they become habits
- 10:30 - 10:45 Break
- 10: 45 - 11:30 10 steps continued
- 11:30 - 12:00 What this means? The comprehensive diagnostic will reveal the action s required by the change leaders/team to reenergize the campaign. The period up to lunch will be used to define how the remainder of the course will be conducted and what topics and tools will be covered.
- Use will be made of a simple risk analysis matrix to define potential courses of action.
- 12:00 - 12:45 Lunch
- 12:45 - 15: 30 Commonly used change tools : These will be introduced to the participants based on the diagnosis carried out in the morning.
- Tools include:
- Pinpointing the people who are blocking the change and deciding what to do
- The Peer Review this is proven to be the most powerful tool used to re-energise a stalled campaign
- How to design and execute interventions that cause action
- A 4-powerful 4-step persuasion model
- Stakeholder mapping and management
- The competencies of a first-class change agent
- (This period will include a 15-minute refreshment break)
- 15.30 - 16.15 Consolidation of a back-home action plan including how to measure the results and know that the change campaign is back on track
- 16.15 - 16.30 Summary, final comments and course review
- 16.30 Close
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Find out more about this Re-Energising a Stalled Change Campaign course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Open / Scheduled
280 GBP-480 GBP
Open / Scheduled
280 GBP-480 GBP
Open / Scheduled
1,599 GBP-1,989 GBP
Open / Scheduled
1,001 GBP-1,841 GBP