AutoCAD Beyond the BasicsSquareOne Training
AutoCAD Beyond the Basics
During the course you will learn to use powerful features, commands and techniques for creating and editing accurate 2D drawings. Useful tips and tricks will also be demonstrated.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Beyond the Basics training course is suitable for previous users of AutoCAD and those seek to further their understanding and learn to use powerful features, commands and techniques for creating and editing accurate 2D drawings. Useful tips and tricks will also be demonstrated.
Training Course Content
The content for this AutoCAD Beyond the Basics training course is structured as follows:
Tips and Tricks
- Improve drawing revisions with rev clouds and wipeouts
- Create polylines boundaries to simplify area extraction
- Use regions for complex area calculations
- Create selection sets based on object properties
- Reduce file size and maintain good CAD management practices by purging unreferenced objects
- Use points to identify coordinate locations in your drawing
- Place objects at evenly spaced intervals
- Use QuickCalc to perform calculations or convert units.
- Understand the single interface for all text commands
- Create text with tabs, indents, paragraph/line spacing
- Create static and dynamic text columns
- Make the most of AutoCAD’s spell checker
- Create attributes with multiple lines of text
Working with Tables
- Use AutoCAD’s table function to make your data easy to understand and share
- Control table appearance and make global changes
- Use formulas, auto text and blocks in your tables to automate annotation and perform calculations
- Extract block attribute data to your table Save time and reduce errors by dynamically linking data in an Excel spreadsheet to your AutoCAD table
Blocks and Attributes
- Create a block so it can be used in multiple drawings
- Create an annotative blocks that are scaled by the annotative scale in a viewport
- Attach numeric and txt information to block definitions to make it easy to track drawing data
- Reuse data from another drawing using Design Centre
- Increase productivity by making your most frequently used tools and commands available on tool palettes – one if the most dramatic enhancements to AutoCAD in recent years
- Easily manage large, multi-disciplinary projects using external references
- Effectively manage your xrefs for better viewing and smaller files
Layer Management and Best Practices
- Use Layer filters to quickly find objects you need inside of complex drawings
- Use layer states to return to a saved configuration of layers
- Ensure uniformity across drawings using layer standards
Working with DWF Files
- Create single block to represent multiples object configurations Assign actions to specific parameters of you dynamic block, such as scale, stretch, move, rotate, flip and array
This AutoCAD Beyond the Basics training course is offered both as an open/scheduled course and an in-house training course.
The in-house training will be delivered in the form of a closed course at your company's premises. SquareOne can come to you no matter where you are based throughout the UK. The cost of this training course is available upon request.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this AutoCAD Beyond the Basics course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.