AutoCAD: Beyond the Basics
Following on from our AutoCAD Essentials course, our AutoCAD Beyond The Basics course is perfect for those looking to further progress and harness their skills within AutoCAD.
Delivered by platinum Autodesk approved trainers, this course will also come with an Autodesk approved certificate of attendance, an Autodesk approved manual and the confidence to use advanced AutoCAD features such as layer management, advanced text and dynamic blocks.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
To attend this course it is recommended that you have completed our Essentials training or have been using AutoCAD to a comfortable standard for a long time.
Training Course Content
Tips and Tricks
- Improve drawing revisions with rev clouds and wipeouts
- Create polylines boundaries to simplify area extraction
- Use regions for complex area calculations
- Create selection sets based on object properties
- Reduce file size and maintain good CAD management practices by purging unreferenced objects
- Use points to identify coordinate locations in your drawing
- Place objects at evenly spaced intervals
- Use QuickCalc to perform calculations or convert units.
- Understand the single interface for all text commands
- Create text with tabs, indents, paragraph/line spacing
- Create static and dynamic text columns
- Make the most of AutoCAD’s spell checker
- Create attributes with multiple lines of text
Working with Tables
- Use AutoCAD’s table function to make your data easy to understand and share
- Control table appearance and make global changes
- Use formulas, auto text and blocks in your tables to automate annotation and perform calculations
- Extract block attribute data to your table Save time and reduce errors by dynamically linking data in an Excel spreadsheet to your AutoCAD table
Blocks and Attributes
- Create a block so it can be used in multiple drawings
- Create an annotative blocks that are scaled by the annotative scale in a viewport
- Attach numeric and txt information to block definitions to make it easy to track drawing data
- Reuse data from another drawing using Design Centre
- Increase productivity by making your most frequently used tools and commands available on tool palettes – one if the most dramatic enhancements to AutoCAD in recent years
- Easily manage large, multi-disciplinary projects using external references
- Effectively manage your xrefs for better viewing and smaller files
Layer Management and Best Practices
- Use Layer filters to quickly find objects you need inside of complex drawings
- Use layer states to return to a saved configuration of layers
- Ensure uniformity across drawings using layer standards
Working with DWF Files
- Create single block to represent multiples object configurations Assign actions to specific parameters of you dynamic block, such as scale, stretch, move, rotate, flip and array
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
This AutoCAD Beyond the Basics training course is offered both as an open/scheduled course and an in-house training course.
The in-house training will be delivered in the form of a closed course at your company's premises. SquareOne can come to you no matter where you are based throughout the UK. The cost of this training course is available upon request.
With 30 years of experience in IT training, personal skills, and consultancy, SquareOne specialise in crafting and delivering exceptional industry leading training courses. Our extensive range of courses are tailored to cater to a diverse range of learning preferences and...
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.
At SquareOne Training we take pride in designing Spreadsheets for our customers, so we were delighted to be asked to design a solution to track staff courses and KPI alerts. This spreadsheet was implemented in 2018, but completely changed the way the company worked and made the data not only accurate but trackable.