AutoCAD for MicroStation UsersSquareOne Training
AutoCAD for MicroStation Users
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the AutoCAD environment.
- Effectively move around a drawing, controlling AutoCAD's display.
- Use AutoCAD's drafting tools for creating 2D geomerty.
- Understand the differences between layers and blocks vs levels and cells - how to organise information in your AutoCAD drawing.
- Utilise time - saving tips and tricks for AutoCAD text and dimensions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
Experienced users of AutoCAD who wish to use AutoCAD for 3D design work.
Training Course Content
- Communicating with AutoCAD
- Understanding the AutoCAD user interface
- Getting out of trouble
- Options for starting a drawing
- Managing drawing files
Viewing a Drawing
- Time-saving display tools
- Heads-up display for greater speed and accuracy
Basic Drafting Tools
- Working with AutoCAD’s object snap options
Creating and Editing 2D Geometry
- Creating lines, circles, and arcs in AutoCAD
- Erasing, moving, copying, scaling, and rotating objects
- Using grips for better editing
Managing Object Properties
- Organising drawing geometry using layers
- Working with different linetypes
- Options for changing object properties
Basic Drawing Techniques
- Understanding the best use of AutoCAD editing commands to make objects parallel, longer, repeat, or symmetrical
- Trim unwanted segments, round object corners Creating orthographic views
Blocks vs. Cells
- AutoCAD blocks – a more flexible approach to grouping objects
- Use blocks as internal or external objects
- Editing blocks in place
- Editing text and dimensions on the fly
- Quick dimensions
Working with Layouts
- Creating sheets for plotting
- Using viewports
- Setting layouts to plot to scale
Improving Drawing Appearance
- How to use hatch patterns to represent different parts or materials
- Editing and previewing hatch patterns
Getting Your Drawings Out
- Plotting options, controlling plotting scale
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
For information on pricing for this open/scheduled course, please give us a call on 0151 650 6907.
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this AutoCAD for MicroStation Users course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
At SquareOne Training we take pride in designing Spreadsheets for our customers, so we were delighted to be asked to design a solution to track staff courses and KPI alerts. This spreadsheet was implemented in 2018, but completely changed the way the company worked and made the data not only accurate but trackable.
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.