Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The BCS Business Analysis Practice course provides the fundamental skills and framework needed by effective business analysts engaged in a business change project. An integral case study allows delegates to apply best practice analysis techniques, working with others to model an organisation and identify the opportunities for business improvement. The course follows the business analyst's involvement throughout the project, right through to post-implementation benefits realisation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- A lifecycle for business change
- The role of the Business Analyst vs. the Systems Analyst
- Purpose of analysing and modelling business systems
Strategic Analysis in Context
- Environment analysis and SWOT
- Overview of areas strategy including IS strategy
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- The Balanced Business Scorecard
Project Discipline for Business Analysis
- Terms of reference/project initiation
- Business and project objectives
- Deliverables from business analysis
Understanding the Situation and Business Perspectives
- Stakeholder analysis and investigative techniques
- Identifying and defining business perspectives
- Identifying and resolving conflicts
Analysing and Modelling Business Activities
- Identifying activities and dependencies
- Building a Business Activity Model (BAM)
- Business events / activity indicators
- Rules and constraints
Identifying Potential Solutions
- Creative approaches to problem solving
- Gap analysis
- Defining a new business model
Identifying Requirements for the New Business Model
- Presenting the business case and options for change
- Cost-benefit, risk and impact analysis
- Risk analysis and management
Accepting the Business Case
- Testing the system for user acceptance
- Managing the implementation of change and benefits realisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of business strategy and strategic analysis techniques
- Act as effective members of a team investigating an organisation's business systems with a view to recommending business improvements
- Apply techniques in order to analyse and model business systems
- Identify recommendations for business improvement
- Assist in the production of a rigorous business case covering the development and implementation of business changes
- Identify how business requirements may be supported by IT systems
- Prepare for the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- Business Analysts and Systems Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
Please contact TCC via our website for a quotation for our Business Analysis Practice in-house training, we will respond to your request within 24 hours.
TCC Ltd provides training and consultancy services to some of the world’s leading organisations.
TCC is a leading provider of high quality training solutions and business change consultancy worldwide. Our comprehensive portfolio covers best practice approaches including Agile Project Management (AgilePM), Agile Business Analysis (AgileBA), BCS Business Analysis (ISEB), DSDM Agile Project Framework, Facilitation, ITIL Service Management,...
Find out more about this Business Analysis Practice course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.