Introduction to Human Resources (HR) Leadership and HR Management Strategies
The course will facilitate participants learning about key aspects that shapes todays organizations and their leaders thinking around the future of their workforce. Dr Jacques Pienaar, a lecturer in Industrial Psychology at Stellenbosch University, will guide participants in exploring issues such as ethics and governance,HR risk management and a digital HR strategy from a strategic point of view. The course will further draw from academic and practitioner expertise to investigate evolving workplace trends, and how a global HR strategy can respond to these shifts.
Course participants will have the opportunity to engage with rich resources and case studies at their own pace but will also be able to learn from other professionals experiences and ideas by engaging in discussion forums.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- What strategic approach to HR management entails.
- International approaches to HR competencies, and how to compare it to your context.
- The importance of good HR ethics and governance, and its implications.
- A strategic approach to HR risk management.
- The implications of digitizing HR.
- The impact of new technologies and the Fourth Industrial Revolution on HR practices.
- The pitfalls and pearls of a global HR strategy.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Stellenbosch University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...