Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing
This FREE breakfast seminar covers the scope, risks, controls and obligations, relevant to money laundering to be able to mitigate the risks in order to comply with global laws and international standards, including the The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Delegates will learn about:
- Understanding Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions
- Vulnerabilities of financial institutions to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing in practice
- Anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing – legal and regulatory structures
- Management obligations and the risk-based approach to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Sanctions & Embargoes
Suitability - Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for all staff working in the financial sector, to minimise the risk of money laundering and prevent laws and rules being broken.
- Staff with specific anti money laundering duties
- All staff working in financial services or students, who want an introduction to anti money laundering
- Anyone who aspires to a career in anti-money laundering or fraud prevention.
Training Course Content
The following will be covered:
- What is Money Laundering?
- Terrorist Financing and its relationship to Money Laundering
- Understanding the risks associated with Money Laundering
- Managing the risks associated with Money Laundering
- The role of governance, policies, procedures and training
- The MLRO, Deputy MLRO, or Appointed Person
- Knowledge and Suspicion
- Legislation & Regulatory environment
- Risk Assessment
- Client Due Diligence – Identity, Beneficial Ownership, Nature/Purpose of Relationship
- Applying Simplified Due Diligence / Enhanced Due Diligence
- Types of client
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEP’s)
- High Profile public figures.
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Suspicious Activity – Reporting, Tipping Off, Consent
- What are Sanctions?
- Types of Sanctions
- Understanding why Sanctions are imposed
- Managing the risks associated with Sanctions
- Overview of relevant legislation, guidance and other obligations
- Staff training and awareness.
- Record retention.
Financial Crime Limited (FCL) is an accrediated CPD training company which provides public and customised in-house regulation and compliance training courses for the banking and financial services sector in London, Birmingham or Milan. Learn from our financial experts, who are...
Find out more about this Anti-Money Laundering course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!