Negotiation Skills for Financial Professionals
Working effectively in any role involves building relationships when there are conflicting objectives. Managing these requires a variety of capabilities and skills, the key ability is to be able to collaborate effectively. Although easier said than done, it defines those who foster an environment where success tends to flow in spite of challenges and constraints. Most negotiators worry about being either too aggressive or not assertive enough whilst working with clients or colleagues. From engaging with clients who seem to want to change specifications on a daily basis, through to coordinating between different departments, the challenges remain the same: be assertive without becoming aggressive. This practical one day course offers insight and challenge around the techniques that separate the best negotiators from the rest.
Live Online Training
Since 2003, Fitch Learning’s industry experts have been delivering world-renowned virtual training programs to learners across the globe. Benefits include:
- World-class video conferencing technology
- Fully interactive, engage and network with peers using break out rooms, quizzes and polls
- On-hand technical support team throughout
- Attend from anywhere, across four time zones
- Save time and costs on travel
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their ability to negotiate. Whether you are in Procurement, M&A, Sales, Research or another area of the business, everyone, at every level, negotiates. This course provides skills to do so even more successfully.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Credits: 8 CPD pts
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Recognise what differentiates successful negotiators from less successful negotiators
- Understand what negotiated success is
- Have increased confidence to negotiate with new contactors, suppliers, clients, and colleagues
- Observe the Principled Negotiations Model
- Understand the roles of emotion, dirty tricks and the fear of failure within any negotiation
- Learn processes to manage challenges and non-principled behaviors when experienced from other parties
Training Course Content
Understanding what drives Negotiators and Negotiations
- Define what constitutes negotiated success
- Understand the challenges and constraints facing any negotiator
- Explore positional barter, its traits and limitations
- Recognise the traits of successful Negotiators, and the mistakes that negotiators make
The Principled Negotiations Model
- Fully recognise the importance of trust within negotiations. Create a collaborative working environment which actively encourages client builds and projects etc
- Appreciate the importance of understanding fundamental motivations of all parties
- Generate movement from impasse situations
- Make effective proposals that generate rapport, discussion and movement
- Develop techniques to help build your understanding of the other person’s frame of reference
Managing Emotion while Negotiating
- Appreciate how to manage the core concerns positively to avoid triggered emotional response
- Understand the styles that people adopt when conflicting
- Observe and manage the negative impacts of conflict situations
- Recognise the importance of assertive communication to the process of moving beyond conflicts and towards productive working relationships
Handling Unilateral Control
- Observe how people seek to use power to control outcomes while negotiating
- Learn processes for deconstructing attempts to create synthetic power advantage
- Recognise Dirty Tricks when used in negotiation. Appreciate their usage and understand how to manage
- Understand when (and how) to walk away from other parties in a constructive manner
Why choose Fitch Learning
93% would recommend
Over 1,600 clients worldwide
The cost of this course includes a light breakfast, lunch and two additional refreshment breaks during each day of the course.
Fitch Learning can also deliver this course as in-house training for your company, anywhere in the world. Tailored courses by Fitch Learning are designed to reflect your goals at both a corporate and a team level and help meet your specific training requirements.
Live Online Training Since 2003, Fitch Learning’s industry experts have been delivering world-renowned virtual training programs to learners across the globe. Benefits include: World-class video conferencing technology Fully interactive, engage and network with peers using break out rooms, quizzes and...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Find out more about this Negotiation Skills for Financial Professionals course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams