The Role of the Company Secretary: Part 1
The essential one-day course for secretaries of companies incorporated under UK law.
Effective company secretaries are more valuable than ever. But that value depends on up-to-date skills, contacts and expertise. This course is an essential primer for newcomers – or the perfect refresher for secretaries seeking to deepen their involvement and value. Confidence comes from knowledge.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- Your legal responsibilities under the Companies Act
- The statutory records you must keep – and what goes to Companies House
- Your role in company decision-making and advising the board
- The tools and resources to ensure that the correct procedures should are followed
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone new to the secretarial role, or responsible for managing the company secretariat and would like to deepen their involvement and value
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will also receive:
- A Delegate Pack containing comprehensive course notes and presentation slides
- An ICSA Certificate to show you have attended the course
- 6 months complimentary professional subscription of ICSA (see below)
- 6.5 hours credit towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Non-members £685.00 +VAT
- Professional subscribers £617.00 +VAT
- ICSA Members £530.00 +VAT
- ICSA Students £345.00 +VAT
The Chartered Governance Institute - Developing the skills of governance professionals
The Chartered Governance Institute (previously ICSA: The Governance Institute) is the professional body for governance. With 125 years’ experience, we work with regulators and policymakers to champion high standard of governance and provide qualification, training and guidance that build careers. ...
Find out more about this The Role of the Company Secretary: Part 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams