All available course dates
The satellite industry is constantly affected by changes in technology, regulations and investments. In recent years, there has been a major shift from the massive and costly hundred million-dollar traditional satellites to the more cost effective Smallsats. Moreover; almost 126 satellites were launched in 2018 resulting in a 53% rise in launches in the last 5 years. With so many developments happening in the industry, it is important to stay ahead of the game!
IET’s SATCOMS course programme presents a comprehensive overview of satellite communication technology and applications, so participants can learn practical skills required for design engineers
Join us as we explore the fundamentals of link budgets; spacecraft and earth hardware design & engineering including. antennas; payload and earth station engineering; networks and system design, current commercial and military use as well as likely future trends. The course also features a choice of industry-focussed project exercises that offer the most thorough technical groundings in satellite communications engineering available in the market.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Engineers and technicians looking to develop their knowledge and to gain expertise in the modern satellite communications technology
- Government and military technologists requiring a wider overview of the satcom industry
- Students and graduates with engineering and science backgrounds planning their career in satellite communications
- Corporate, PR, marketing and sales staff requiring a better understanding of satellite communications technology
Training Course Content
5 days of intense learning, including:
- 5 specialised modules giving an 'end-to-end' overview of the sector
- Networking opportunities with key influencers and decision makers
- Understand the commercial and technical aspects of satellite communications
- Unparalleled line-up of speakers and expert advisors
- Exclusive tour of the Inmarsat Satellite Control Centre
Why choose The Institution of Engineering and Technology - IET
Over 50 e-learning and e-classes available for individuals and businesses
Expert course content from leaders in their fields
Professional skills and technical topic area courses available
- Member: £1999
- Non-member: £2250
- Student: £1000
- Military/Government: £1250
One-day module rate:
- Member: £400
- Non-member: £450
- Student: £250
- Military/Government: £350
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
The IET provides world-class training for engineers at all career stages. From soft skills and professional development courses to technical subjects across multiple industry areas, we have the course that you need. At this unprecedented time, distance and e-learning has...
Find out more about this Satcoms course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
250 GBP-400 GBP