International business communication skills - 5 day In-house Course
This International business communication skills course focuses on providing your organization's managers operating in international environments with the skills they need to be able to communicate effectively and project a professional image to their business counterparts.
Aside from covering the principles of effective international business communication, both written and oral, the course builds on employees' influencing skills and on their ability to deliver successful business presentations, proposals and reports.
The course method includes practical exercises and realistic role-play scenarios so that employees can try applying the skills they acquire and become more confident in their communication skills.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for in-house training details
Contact to discuss
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This International business communication skills course is aimed at organisations' professionals operating in the oil and gas industry who need to improve their communication and influencing skills in order to enhance their professional image in an international environment.
Course attendees should bring a personal computer with access to Microsoft PowerPoint.
This course can also be provided in-house, please submit enquiry if you wish to discuss this option.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course, participants are eligible for 35 hours of CPD accreditation.
Training Course Content
International communication skills
- Critical competencies for international managers and senior professionals
- Personal effectiveness and relationship management
Principles of international communication:
- The international communication process
- Communicating for results
- Communication barriers and how to overcome them
- Analysing the international audience
- Cross-cultural communication
Oral communication and meeting skills
- Principles of oral communication
- How to use the phone positively and profitably
- Productive business meetings:
- The hidden costs of business meetings
- What goes wrong in meetings?
- Before the meeting: purpose, planning, people, the agenda
- During the meeting: leadership, methodology, participation
- After the meeting: ending, evaluation, implementation
- Meeting skills situations: what would you do?
Effective writing skills
- Principles of effective writing
- Looking from outside-in: understanding the other person's needs
- Your e-manners: sending and receiving email
- How to write winning proposals
- Effective report-writing
International presentation skills
- The characteristics of successful international presenters
- How to plan, prepare and practise presentations
- How to handle difficult questions
- Presentation clinic: individual mini-presentations, feedback and coaching
Action planning for improving your international communication skills
Course delivery details
Why choose MDT International
Over 90% of participants say our training met or exceeded their expectations
MDT have worked with 500+ organisations worldwide
Our trainers have 25+ years of experience in the O&G Industry
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Course Fee: £2750.00 (+ VAT for attending UK courses). Fees include your attendance at the relevant training course/s and the provision of a comprehensive training course manual, course completion certificate, plus lunch and refreshments during the training day. Fees do not include accommodation and living costs.
MDT International can also provide this course on an in-house course basis, to discuss please submit enquiry.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
MDT delivers commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...