AAT Level 1 Access Award in Bookkeeping
This AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping and Accounting Software consists of two parts. The Bookkeeping qualification will develop your understanding of the role of the bookkeeper; while the Accounting Software qualification will introduce you to the use of accounting software.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Access Award in Bookkeeping
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What will you learn
The qualification consists of :
Understand the role of the bookkeeper
- Duties and responsibilities of a bookkeeper
- Ways to keep information confidential
- Importance of working with accuracy
Understand financial transactions
- The buying and selling process
- Basic bookkeeping terminology
- The dual effect of transactions
Process customer and supplier transactions
- Prepare sales invoices and credit notes
- Check purchase invoices and credit notes
- Record sales and purchase invoices and credit notes in the books of prime entry
- Identify outstanding amounts for individual customers and suppliers
Process receipts and payments
- Enter receipts and payments into a cash book
- Use the cash book to calculate closing amounts of cash in hand and cash in the bank
- Check the closing amount of cash in the bank against the closing balance on the bank statement
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment
Why choose Morley College
Founded in 1889
13,000 students annually
7 minutes from Waterloo station
The full tuition fee is £597, the concession fee is £597, and Senior fee is £597
Morley College London is one of the UK’s leading centres for adult education. The College is located 7 minutes’ walk from Waterloo station. Founded in 1889, Morley has a distinguished history in music and the visual arts. Today we offer...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!