The Effective Administrator
This course aims to provide the administrator with the essential skills to be successful in their role. Beginning with ‘what good looks like’, it focuses the key skills of managing workload, time management & assessing priorities, effective communication & building rapport - including professional telephone techniques & email - as well as assertiveness and dealing with difficult people & situations.
This The Effective Administrator course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
5 December, 2023
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Recognition of the attributes of an effective administrator & understanding of the role
- Systems & procedures for managing workload & successfully keeping track of tasks
- Methods for assessing priorities & effective time management
- Understanding how to deal with difficult situations & resolve conflict
- Recognition of differing behavioural styles & how to develop working relationships
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and build rapport via effective questioning & listening skills
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 11:15 ‘What good looks like’; the qualities, attributes and key skills of the effective administrator; understanding the role.
- 11:15 - 11:30 Coffee
- 11:30 - 13:00 Time & Self-Management and Organisational Skills (Planning & Prioritisation, managing your workload, keeping track of tasks, note taking & being able to say No.
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15.00 Key Skills - The ‘How’ of the ‘Effective Administrator’. (Successful Communication Skills - including, professional telephone techniques & email - Questioning & Listening skills and Building Rapport)
- 15:00 - 15:15 Tea
- 15:15 - 16:15 Key Skills Continued. (‘In Their Shoes’; i.e. identifying differing behavioural styles and adapting you’re approach to achieve the best possible result. Assertiveness & dealing with difficult people & situations).
- 16:15 - 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 5
Please thank David Barthorpe for a fantastic PTP Training day on Monday at Yorkshire Sculpture Park. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and learned a lot of useful time management...
Really good course - happy with delivery and would recommend to colleagues.
Excellent course. Really intersting. Covered a wide range of topics and the trainer gave some really useful information and wisdom.
Fee includes all course materials, Participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...