Corporate Treasury in Practice - An Intensive one day OverviewQuorum Training - A Wilmington Company
Corporate Treasury in Practice - An Intensive one-day Overview
This course will demonstrate how and why good treasury practices can be cost-effective and can improve corporate efficiency and it will put the Treasury department in context with the rest of the organisation. Use this programme to "health-check" your own treasury department as we will overview all of the key functional areas, discussing ways and means to increase treasury efficiency.
As treasury skills and applications become more widely recognised both inside and outside the company, it is vital to fully understand "best practice" and ensure that staff understand their own roles, responsibilities and how the corporate culture in an organisation will influence their treasury activities.
No prior knowledge is assumed and all terminology will be fully explained.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for staff who are new to Treasury, have recently taken on increased Treasury responsibilities, or indeed existing treasury professionals who need to re-fresh and up-date their skills. It will also appeal to bankers and relationship managers who need to understand how and why corporate treasuries work, in order to better understand their client’s perspectives and requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
Corporate Treasury Activities
- A practical view of the various activities within a Treasury department
- The need for a Policy and Procedures Manual
- Day to day requirements
- How Treasury interfaces with other departments
Key Treasury roles and responsibilities
- Cash Management
- Most important – needed to make payments when due
- Forecasting, planning and monitoring liquid resources.
- The Bullwhip effect
- Cash Concentration Techniques
- Sweeping Pooling, notional pooling, zero balancing
- Working Capital Management
Financing - Debt and Debt Management
- Ways and means of funding the business
- The advantages of Bonds/Loans/Equity
- Fixed rate vs floating rate finance
- Debt Portfolio Management
- Equity Portfolio Management
- Background and overview
- LCs documentary credits, bills of lading
- Factoring, Forfaiting, ECA Finance
- Investing surpluses - how do I ensure I get the best rates?
- Using banks and other providers
- Deposits, CP, BAs, CDs, T-bills
- Credit issues
Case study – Money market instruments
- Reviewing a range of different corporate cultures
- Objectives: Profit centre vs Cost centre treasuries
- Active vs Passive risk management
- Credit Risk vs Market Risk vs Operational risk
Currency and Interest Rate Risk Management
- FX exposures- identify the risks
- The Exposure Management Process
- Benchmarks and Hedge Ratios
- FX checklists
- The use of Derivatives - futures, options and swaps
Case study – FX dealing
Treasury Controls and Security
- Treasury Security
- Treasury Control Checklist
- Working with your banks – keep them on their toes!
- Competitive quotations
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Corporate Treasury in Practice - An Intensive one day Overview course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!