SharePoint - User Training (In-House)
You will learn and understand what SharePoint is, and how to gain access to it from within Office and your Internet Browser. Learn how to organise and manage documents, events, tasks, lists and other items. - and how to collaborate within a team. You will learn how to use search to find documents and open them from Microsoft Office applications and collaborate using Office Online
Upon successful completion of the course users will be able to utilise the features of the SharePoint Services to navigate the search sites, work with the document libraries and lists and manage documents between SharePoint and Microsoft Office matching a given criteria using set exercises.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This SharePoint - User Training is suitable for non-technical users who want to improve their Microsoft SharePoint operation skills.
Training Course Content
Overview of SharePoint
- What is SharePoint
- The Site Member role
- Connect to SharePoint
Exploring a SharePoint Site
- The SharePoint User Interface
- The Ribbon
- Standard and Classic View
- Navigation vs. Search
- Site Contents view
- Recycle Bin
- What is a SharePoint app?
- Add SharePoint apps
Working with Lists
- Creating Lists
- Connect Lists to Outlook
- Introduction to Custom Lists
Working with Document Libraries
- Document Library vs. Network Drive
- Working with Document Libraries
- Uploading documents
- View in File Explorer
- Creating new documents
- Editing documents with applications
- Editing documents in the browser
- Check Out/In
- Managing and organising documents
List and Library Views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Accessing Views
- Create a Personal View
Working with Document Versioning
- Simple Versioning
- Draft and Publish versioning
- Content approval overview
Security and Alerts
- Checking access
- Understanding security and sharing
- Create an Alert on a document
- Create an Alert on a library
- Create an Alert on a View
- Managing Alerts
- Connect information to Outlook
- Check out / check in a document
- Sync a SharePoint Library
- Document Collaboration and co-authoring
- Updating your profile
- “About Me” and “Ask Me About”
- Newsfeed and OneDrive
* Depends on SharePoint Web Apps feature.
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
In-house training - a cost effective solution for your company
This course is delivered in-house, and can be tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation. Relevant examples and applications will be used for participants to ensure that the course is as interesting and engaging as possible.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Average rating 4.6Based on 8 reviews
Find out more about this SharePoint - User Training (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.