The Health & Social Care (QCF) - Level 3 Course is ideal for those wanting to pursue a career in the Health and Social Care industry and looks to equip students with a better understanding of the care industry in general.
The course strives to assess the students development and knowledge and skills related to the health and social care. Popular job roles in this sector include: Senior Care Assistants, Support Workers, and Key Workers in residential settings, as well as domiciliary services and day services.Please Note: A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. The placement needs to be sufficient to enable students to gather the workplace evidence required to demonstrate the range of competencies set out in the course syllabus.
The course lessons are as follows:-
• Unit 1 - The role of the health & social care worker
• Unit 2 - Promote communication in health and social care settings
• Unit 3 - Support Individuals with specific communication needs
• Unit 4 - Implement person centred approaches in health & social care
• Unit 5 - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
• Unit 6 - Principles for implementing duty of care in health and social care settings
• Unit 7 - The principles of infection prevention and control
• Unit 8 - Causes & spread of infection
• Unit 9 - Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
• Unit 10 - Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
• Unit 11 - Support use of medication in local care settings
• Unit 12 - Support positive risk taking for individuals
• Unit 13 - Engage in personal development in health and social care settings
• Unit 14 - Promote person-centred approaches in health and social care
• Unit 15 - Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care settings
• Unit 16 - Promote good practice in handling of information in health and social care settings
• Unit 17 - Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
• Unit 18 - Principles of supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
On successful completion on this course students will receive an accredited Level 3 QCF Diploma Qualification with 58 Credits.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There is no previous learning knowledge needed to enrol on to this programme. However, it would be useful if the learner has existing knowledge or experience in Health and Social Care. Please Note: A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. The placement needs to be sufficient to enable students to gather the workplace evidence required to demonstrate the range of competencies set out in the course syllabus.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Nationally recognised qualification
Distance Learning Courses Limited
We all know fitting in learning around your lifestyle can be a challenge – this is where distance learning comes in! With over 250 courses to choose from, Distance Learning Centre is the place to go if you want to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!