Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and LeadershipSouth London College
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed for learners who have completed the Level 5 Certificate and want to expand their technical skills and knowledge that will support senior level job roles. The certification will help enhance your understanding of technical and strategic management, and give you the opportunity to take on additional functional and management responsibilities. You can become competent and confident in many aspects of management and leadership including strategic business planning, recruitment and selection and finance and budgeting. You will be able to improve your career opportunities and make gains in career development. This qualification is also suitable for learners who are still studying in schools, colleges and educational centres.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is a comprehensive programme for anyone with the capabilities and capacity to gain senior managerial roles within an organisation. You also have the opportunity to pursue your own personal development or progress onto other professional qualifications.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes which are essential to successful performance
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 5 vocationally-related qualification
- Progress in their employment and reach senior management roles
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications such as Finance, Marketing, Recruitment and Selection; or leading and management within a specific vocational sector
- Qualification type:BTEC Professional qualification
- Qualification title:Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Level:Level 5
- Accreditation status:Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):239
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):390
- Qualification number (QN):601/3596/7
- Availability:UK and international
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners must be over the age of 19, and demonstrate the following:
- Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) / Mature applicant with A-level (or equivalent) and work experience in a middle management role or have recent middle management experience in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- If English is not your first language, you need to produce a recognised proof of your English language proficiency.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the programme your application will not be accepted.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership. It will make you marketable to potential employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Awarding body (Accreditation)
Pearson BTEC is a leading, learning company worldwide. Pearson believes that learning is key to improving one’s opportunities in life. Pearson collaborates with leading educational organisations to offer learners content, curricula, assessment and training. BTEC has a route that every learner can take, whether you are self-employed or want to enter a top university. BTEC courses are of the highest quality, providing hands-on experience. You can develop invaluable skills that will make you a highly marketable candidate for your future career.
Training Course Content
Awarding Body Registration
Principles Of Management And Leadership [R/506/2070]
Strategic Decision Making [K/506/3662]
Strategic Business Management And Planning [K/506/3659]
Marketing Management [F/506/3876]
Strategic Project Management [K/506/3869]
Successful Business Team Development [F/506/3926]
Budget Management [Y/506/3866]
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is a 390 TQT, 39 credit and 239 guided learning hour (GLH) qualification that consists of seven modules.Mandatory units
- Unit 1: Principles of Management and Leadership
- Unit 2: Strategic Business Management and Planning
- Unit 3: Strategic Decision Making
- Unit 13: Marketing Management
- Unit 15: Strategic Project Management
- Unit 16: Successful Business Team Development
- Unit 18: Budget Management
To pass this course the learner must have successfully passed all the assessment criteria. The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place to give learners the opportunity to:
- Meet the standard determined by the assessment criteria
- Achieve the learning outcomes
All units within these qualifications are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership provides an introduction to the skills, qualities and knowledge that may be required for employment in a particular vocational sector. This course provides learners with realistic and appropriate career related opportunities worldwide for 21st century employment markets.
Once learners successfully complete the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership they can progress to further vocational training such as Level 6 qualification or above, including Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management. Individuals can seek careers in the capacity of Head of Department, Senior Manager and Director.
South London College is a well-established Professional online education provider in the United Kingdom and it aims to meet the employment needs of the youth and people in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. South London College...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses