Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
First Line ManagerDickson Training Ltd
First Line Manager
This 2 day course is deal for Team Leaders and Managers who have had little or no training in the role where they have to lead a team and take on management responsibilities. It will give them confidence and the skills to take decisions and get the best performance from their team.
The most popular of our management training courses, the First Line Management course is specifically for people who are new to a management position or who are about to undertake a management position and have had no formal management training. Anyone who is new to a management or supervisory position will benefit from this course.
Run over two days, the syllabus of the First Line Management course will cover a wide range of topics to give new or inexperienced managers a firm understanding of the foundations needed to begin their journey as a manager. It includes units on effective communication, managing your team, managing yourself, delegating, setting objectives, effective planning and personal development.
Training Course Content
Role Assessment and Personal Development Planning
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Outline framework of management
- Taking the step into management
- Identifying personal development needs and planning
Effective Communication Skills
- Communicating to be effective - how and what to communicate
- Designing effective questioning techniques and listening actively
- Non-verbal communication
- Dealing with, and responding to, differing communication styles
- Use of planning tools and techniques
- Dealing with time stealers and interruptions
- Learn how to delegate effectively
Managing Your Team
- Understanding different management styles and how to use them
- Recognising performance management
- Setting expectations and clearly defining roles and responsibilities
- Pinpointing performance and motivating your team/individuals
- Learning the management actions required to maintain team effectiveness
- Team dynamics and looking at individual behaviour within teams
Dickson Training Limited is a learning and development provider and consultancy company that specialises in management development, interpersonal skills training, business coaching and team building. Also available is our own range of psychometrics and e-Books to support the various methods...
Find out more about this First Line Manager course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!