Negotiation Skills for the Oil and Gas IndustryMDT International
Negotiation skills for the oil and gas industry - 5 day Training Workshop
This Negotiation skills for the oil and gas industry course is an essential first step for professionals in the oil and gas industry who have limited experience of negotiation and want to improve their skills in this area with interactive, oil industry-based examples and scenarios. The course aims to build delegates' confidence by introducing them to a structured approach intended to help them close deals more effectively.
The course also outlines the Breakthrough Negotiation Strategy approach for complex negotiations.
By the end of this interactive five day course participants will have learned to:
- plan and prepare for negotiations
- identify the key steps in a negotiated settlement, completing one before moving on to the next
- communicate in a way that secures better results
- handle difficult negotiations
- negotiate as part of a team
- respect cultural differences in international negotiations
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Negotiation skills for the oil and gas industry course is suitable for a wide range of professionals in the oil and gas industry who participate in negotiations, be they commercial or inter-personal.
It is an introductory/intermediate level course aimed at those with limited experience in the field who need to improve their core abilities.
Class numbers are kept low in order to allow delegates to participate fully and receive ample coaching from the trainer.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants on this course are eligible for 35 hours of CPD accreditation on completion.
Training Course Content
Negotiation as a process
- What do we mean by negotiation?
- Are you a potential negotiator?
- Key negotiating steps
Preparing for your negotiation
- Five keys to preparation
- Knowing your subject, knowing your counterpart, preparing your tactics
- An invaluable tool - preparation checklist
Initiating and presentation
- The importance of initiation and how to initiate
- The importance of presentation after initiation and before bargaining
- Developing your bargaining strategy
- Effective bargaining techniques
- How and when to avoid premature bargaining
- How to resolve impasse and deal with conflict
- Getting concessions
Closing the deal
- How to recognise closing signals
- Confirmation and follow-up
Communication and human behaviour in negotiations
- Seven steps to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Learning how to listen
- Dealing with different personalities
- How to communicate to influence the other side
- Negotiating by phone or email
- How to negotiate in teams
- What we mean by "breakthrough strategy"
Handling international negotiations
- Recognising cultural differences
- How cultural differences affect negotiations
- Preparing for international negotiations
Dealing with conflict
- The causes of negotiating conflict
- How to assess your own conflict management style
- How to handle conflict in negotiations
Course Fee: £2750.00 (+ VAT for attending UK courses). Fees include your attendance at the relevant training course/s and the provision of a comprehensive training course manual, course completion certificate, plus lunch and refreshments during the training day. Fees do not include accommodation and living costs.
MDT International can also provide this course on an in-house course basis, to discuss please submit enquiry.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
MDT delivers commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...
Average rating 4.8Based on 14 reviews
Find out more about this Negotiation Skills for the Oil and Gas Industry course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams