Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)Pitman Training Group
Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
This CASP training focuses on providing you with an advanced understanding of security topics as well as theoretical instruction/demonstrations in designing and engineering security solutions.
This course is available online, meaning you can study at times that suit you best.
There are seven sessions within the course and alongside these you will have access to interactive labs and pre/post test questions so that you can fully immerse yourself in the latest advanced security practices.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suited to those already working in IT and who ideally, have already gained CompTIA Security+ certification.
Training Course Content
There are seven sessions in this course:
- Session 1: CASP, Risk Management, Risk Assessment Methods, Assess Risks, Mitigation Methods, Risk Documentation and Business Units.
- Session 2: Communications and Collaboration, Technology Life Cycles, Trend Research, Advisories, Scenario-based Security, Authentication and Authorisation.
- Session 3: Implement Authentication, Enterprise Identity Management, Cryptography, Select Encryption Solutions, Implement Encryption Solutions, Encryption Features and PKI.
- Session 4: Implement Disk Encryption, Perform Integrity Checks, Host Security, Host Hardening, Server Visualisation, Desktop Virtualisation and Cloud Security Services.
- Session 5: Boot Loader Protection, Storage Types, Storage Security, Implement Secure Storage, Network Security Components, Advanced Network Design Scenarios and Configure Network Controls.
- Session 6: Application Vulnerabilities, Web Applications, Application Security Controls, OWASP, Enterprise Security Standards, Deployment Models and Securing the Infrastructure.
- Session 7: Enterprise Application Security, Vulnerability Assessment Processes, Assessment Tools, Vulnerability Assessment Tools, Incident Response Design and Conduct Incident Response.
The study of this course will prepare you to undertake the Advanced Security Practitioner examination, CAS-003*.
* Some external vendor examinations may need to be organised separately. Please speak to a Course Advisor for further detail on this.
Contact Pitman Training for more information and pricing information.
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...
Find out more about this Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!